Windows 10: Defender sees powershell file as virus

Discus and support Defender sees powershell file as virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had been using powershell script attached with this for quite a long time. Now windows security is deleting that file as virus. Any suggestion what... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lvgandhi, Oct 12, 2020.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Defender sees powershell file as virus

I had been using powershell script attached with this for quite a long time. Now windows security is deleting that file as virus. Any suggestion what it finds as security threat?
    When I try to exclude that file I get msg as below

Defender sees powershell file as virus [​IMG]

:)

lvgandhi, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Defender sees powershell file as virus - Similar Threads - Defender sees powershell

2. PowerShell virus detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell virus detected: My antivirus told my that my Microsoft windows PowerShell%4Operational.evtx is infected by PwrSh : ViperSoftX - A [Pws]And asked my Move to Quarantine: file is in Windows folder, are you sure you want to move it to Quarantine?...
  3. Help with PowerShell Virus!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with PowerShell Virus!: Every time that I open windows, PowerShell pops up. I searched and I found that it's a PowerShell virus.I followed the steps that are listed here,How to uninstall PowerShell? *Trojan Virus* and Help with PowerShell Virus!but nothing happened.Autorun scan...
  4. Help with PowerShell Virus!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with PowerShell Virus!: Every time that I open windows, PowerShell pops up. I searched and I found that it's a PowerShell virus.I followed the steps that are listed here,How to uninstall PowerShell? *Trojan Virus* and Help with PowerShell Virus!but nothing happened.Autorun scan...
  5. Powershell Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell Virus: I randomly keep getting an alert on my webroot anti virus of a virus. it says it's part of a malaware group called PS/EntryPointNull.A and it is located in C:windows\sysnative\WindowsPowershell...\powershel.exe anyone have an idea on how to fix. It happens often like every 2...
  6. Powershell Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell Virus: I randomly keep getting an alert on my webroot anti virus of a virus. it says it's part of a malaware group called PS/EntryPointNull.A and it is located in C:windows\sysnative\WindowsPowershell...\powershel.exe anyone have an idea on how to fix. It happens often like every 2...
  7. Help with PowerShell Virus!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help with PowerShell Virus!: hello there,i need help. Every time that i open windows, powershell pops up. I searched and i find that it's powershell virus.i followed the steps that are listed here :How to uninstall PowerShell? *Trojan Virus* - Microsoft Communitybut nothing happend.this is my log file...
  8. PowerShell virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell virus: For some reasons unknown, my Bitdefender Antivirus has been flagging my PowerShell.exe app in this folder C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 saying it was blocked from trying to access http://api.private-chatting. com/api/file/download/Watchdog.p and it has been...
  9. PowerShell virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell virus: For some reasons unknown, my Bitdefender Antivirus has been flagging my PowerShell.exe app in this folder C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 saying it was blocked from trying to access http://api.private-chatting. com/api/file/download/Watchdog.p and it has been...
  10. Powershell virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell virus: So i randomly keep getting a alert on my webroot anti virus of a virus. it says it's part of a malaware group called PS/EntryPointNull.A and it is locating in C:windows\sysnative\WindowsPowershell...\powershel.exe anyone have an idea on how to fix. It happens often like every...