Windows 10: Defender shut down

Discus and support Defender shut down in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Asus x75vc Notebook LapTop WIN8, upgraded to Windows 10 Home, and the W.Defender has turned itself off. Is it supposed to be like that?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hofkar, Oct 31, 2015.

1. hofkar Win User

Defender shut down

I have a Asus x75vc Notebook LapTop WIN8, upgraded to Windows 10 Home,
    and the W.Defender has turned itself off. Is it supposed to be like that?
    Pandasecurity is the antivirus-program running on the laptop.

:)

hofkar, Oct 31, 2015
  2. rdmeyer Win User

Windows Defender and Other anti-virus notice that both are shut down

None of these suggestions answer my question. I have Windows Defender shut down but I receive a notice that both Windows Defender and my other anti-virus, BitDefender, are shut down even though BitDefender is not shut down. "Turn windows features on
    and off" does not contain Windows Defender in my Control Panel programs!

rdmeyer, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Error Code 0x8007139f while starting Windows Defender

I also get this code but it is because Windows update is trying to update Windows Defender and it is shut down by Norton. Therefore, an error is created (naturally) because Windows Defender is shut down and will not accept the update (definition). I hide
    the last one that tried to update but another one has just come down. This also created a problem where there were other updates behind the Windows Defender's update and they did not install due to being programmed to install after Windows Defender's update.

In other words, updates that did not install into Windows Defender failed because it was shut down. Windows update does not know if Windows Defender is shut down and tries to install the update. Microsoft Engineers need to write a program (update) that has
    the ability to determine if Windows Defender has been shut down by another anti-virus program and then cancel all update until it has resume normal functioning.

VictorCook_1024, Oct 31, 2015
  4. Defender shut down

Yes, when you use a different antivirus and antispyware, WD turn itself off automatically.

When you go through the Control Panel, it should says so here:
    Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance

TairikuOkami, Oct 31, 2015
  5. hofkar Win User
    Thanks, that makes sense

hofkar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender shut down

1. Defender shut down - Similar Threads - Defender shut down

2. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  3. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus shutting down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus shutting down: Whenever I start a scan on my pc windows defender works fine at first but then as it takes up more than 90% of my CPU usage it crashes and says the last scan is not available. It has been doing this for a while and I do not have any other antiviruses installed. I used...
  6. Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down: Whenever I try to run a full system scan windows defender shuts down before it can get very far. Is there a way to fix this? My laptop was updated last night....
  7. Windows Defender has shut down completely

Windows Defender has shut down completely: My Windows defender has shut down complete after the last up date and I have tried all the options that has been listed on the net but none have worked so far it appears that the windows defender file is corrupted and I cannot reload it at all I have tried to do a repair my...
  8. Windows Defender shuts down

Windows Defender shuts down: For some reason, yesterday and again today, Defender has turned OFF for no reason and I can't get it restarted without a restart. Then it will seem to start normally only to shut down shortly thereafter. The only change to my PC was been a Windows auto update KB4549951...
  9. Windows defender shutting everything down

Windows defender shutting everything down: All of a sudden my computer is shutting everything down in the middle of me working and window defender says i have a virus but will not download what am i supposed to do...
  10. Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan

Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan: I have been experiencing random shutdowns. Ran troubleshooters, but found no problems. Ran a Defender quick scan, found no problems. Before doing a full scan, I wanted to try an offline scan, but every time (6 or 7 times now) it gets maybe halfway through the offline scan...