Windows 10: Defender suddenly having issues with email account?

Discus and support Defender suddenly having issues with email account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So suddenly Microsoft Defender is having all kinds of issues with my email account; I have two one gmail and the other from my ISP, and the ISP email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kharrisma, Jul 23, 2022.

1. kharrisma Win User

Defender suddenly having issues with email account?

So suddenly Microsoft Defender is having all kinds of issues with my email account; I have two one gmail and the other from my ISP, and the ISP email account is acting really squirrely, failing to display selected emails, and now endlessly trying to download emails from the server at all. The gmail account is fine, no issues at all. Every attempt I make to remedy this situation remove "pop3.state" and "inbox" files results in Defender popping up with a warning about "threats detected," usually something it's calling "Trojan:HTML/phish.RA!MTB . This warning keeps popping up at intervals,

:)

kharrisma, Jul 23, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 23, 2022
  3. webJockey Win User
    email account hacked. please help

Thanks MailMan78. Just did what BarbaricSoul said but I am still receiving spam from my own account, don't know what to do. I have contacted yahoo about issue and to restore my emails. Also now yahoo offers "Step two verification"

webJockey, Jul 23, 2022
  4. Defender suddenly having issues with email account?

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jul 23, 2022
Thema:

Defender suddenly having issues with email account?

1. Defender suddenly having issues with email account? - Similar Threads - Defender suddenly having

2. Work email account issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work email account issue: I am on my personal computer and trying to remove my work account and use my personal microsoft account and I am not able to login to OneDrive and keep getting the attached error message:Request Id: 7c6efb53-6354-4c56-80d8-14c50b4ca900 Correlation Id:...
  3. Work email account issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work email account issue: I am on my personal computer and trying to remove my work account and use my personal microsoft account and I am not able to login to OneDrive and keep getting the attached error message:Request Id: 7c6efb53-6354-4c56-80d8-14c50b4ca900 Correlation Id:...
  4. Defender suddenly having issues with email account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender suddenly having issues with email account?: So suddenly Microsoft Defender is having all kinds of issues with my email account; I have two one gmail and the other from my ISP, and the ISP email account is acting really squirrely, failing to display selected emails, and now endlessly trying to download emails from the...
  5. Defender suddenly having issues with email account?

Defender suddenly having issues with email account?: So suddenly Microsoft Defender is having all kinds of issues with my email account; I have two one gmail and the other from my ISP, and the ISP email account is acting really squirrely, failing to display selected emails, and now endlessly trying to download emails from the...
  6. Yahoo Email account Issues

Yahoo Email account Issues: For the past 3 days now, I am unable to send emails, delete, search on my yahoo email account. I do receive emails, but as I scroll down only about 20 emails are visible, then the rest of the emails are shaded. I have rebooted my internet, etc. Still the problem...
  7. Email accounts have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Email accounts have disappeared.: We have 2 Windows 10 email accounts - Bigpond, via Telstra, via Microsoft. They have both disappeared. When I click on the Mail icon, there is nothing there, Normally our 2 accounts would be listed, but neither appears. We can access our Webmail, via Telstra, but I find this...
  8. Outlook Email Account issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Email Account issues: Hello; I have an Outlook email account that I use for all my personal issues but since the 20th August I am not receiving any emails. I have plenty of storage space, my password is working and I can access the account but the emails are just not coming in. I am not being able...
  9. Adding an email account issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding an email account issues: I am attempting to add a sbcglobal.net account to my 360 Outlook Windows10. As instructed I have obtain the yahoo app password and used it when prompted but to no avail. Any detailed help would be helpful...
  10. Email Accounts I have a number of email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Email Accounts I have a number of email accounts: I have a number of email accounts that show when you click tools>accounts. How do I get these accounts to show on the email screen when I first open email? I am using Windows 10. Riley Hutcheson Midland, Texas 17814