Windows 10: Defender Tamper Protection/1903

Discus and support Defender Tamper Protection/1903 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Moderators: This thread deals with Defender Tamper Protection setting and 1903. If this would be better served in a different location, please feel... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Crizal, May 26, 2019.

1. Crizal Win User

Defender Tamper Protection/1903

Moderators: This thread deals with Defender Tamper Protection setting and 1903. If this would be better served in a different location, please feel free to move the post.

Just wondering if anyone who installed 1903 is having any unusual issue with Defender's Tamper Protection.
    Here's the blow-by-blow.....

1. Friend and I were running 1809 and installed 1903 via Update Assistant on Tuesday, May 21st. No issues and Defender Tamper Protection was on (default setting).
    2. Two days later, the 23rd, friend gets alert that Tamper Protection is off. She turned it on and it seems to be holding.
    3. Today, I get the alert Tamper Protection is off and I turned it on. So far, it's holding.

I have no idea why Tamper Protection would turn off. Both computers are clean -- no viruses, trojans, malware or adware. We do not mess around in the registry and there is absolutely no third-party antivirus on either machine.

For now, I'm taking a wait-and-see if Tamper Protection turns off again. I don't know if it's a 1903 bug or not as no one else (that I can tell) has reported similar activity. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

Crizal, May 26, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Tamper protection in Microsoft Defender ATP for Windows 10

Source: Tamper protection in Microsoft Defender ATP - Microsoft Tech Community - 389571

Defender Tamper Protection/1903 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, May 26, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows defender real time protection cant be turned on.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

You tried all suggestions in my previous post and Windows Defender “real time protection”
    still will not turn on?

Did you try everything suggested in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG,
    McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Le Boule, May 26, 2019
  4. Defender Tamper Protection/1903

I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Defender Tamper Protection/1903

1. Defender Tamper Protection/1903 - Similar Threads - Defender Tamper Protection

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection: We use Windows 11 with Microsoft Defender Antivirus and tamper protection enabled. During a penetest we found out, that Microsoft Defender Antivirus can be easily disabled by installing a third Party antivirus solution, even tamper protection is enabled. Of course, local...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection: We use Windows 11 with Microsoft Defender Antivirus and tamper protection enabled. During a penetest we found out, that Microsoft Defender Antivirus can be easily disabled by installing a third Party antivirus solution, even tamper protection is enabled. Of course, local...
  4. Tamper Protection problem

Tamper Protection problem: in my Windows 11pro PC I noticed that Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator." I am unable to turn it on.1 no anti-virus/anti-malware 3rd party software is installed on the computer.2 This is my PC and I am the admin, it...
  5. windows defender tamper protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender tamper protection: Hi, i am logged into my windows 11 laptop as local adminthere is only one account set up but still can't switch off windows defender tamper protection. It says setting is managed by adminSo far i have taken following steps- updated all windows updates available and restarted-...
  6. windows defender tamper protection

windows defender tamper protection: Hi, i am logged into my windows 11 laptop as local adminthere is only one account set up but still can't switch off windows defender tamper protection. It says setting is managed by adminSo far i have taken following steps- updated all windows updates available and restarted-...
  7. Windows Defender Tamper Protection Gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Tamper Protection Gone: So you know the settings menu where you can turn on and off stuff like Cloud Protection, Real Time, and so on? Has a new update or whatever changed the menu? Tamper protection no longer is there, only Real Time, Cloud, and Sample Submission. submitted by /u/astronomygeek...
  8. Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tamper Protection: Any idea why my TP turned off randomly? submitted by /u/NikeESL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqnhxb/tamper_protection/
  9. Tamper protection in 1903?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tamper protection in 1903?: Just upgraded to Windows 10 1903 and have a question regarding the Windows Defender Tamper protection. If I need to turn off Real Time protection, will I need to turn off Tamper protection first? 137491
  10. Windows 10 1903: Windows Defender Antivirus gets Tamper Protection feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1903: Windows Defender Antivirus gets Tamper Protection feature: Microsoft released a new preview build of the upcoming first feature update of 2019 for Windows 10; the new build, the last for this year according to Microsoft, introduced a number of interesting new features and changes to the operating system. We covered Windows Sandbox,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tamper protection windows 10 1809

2. Please disable Windows Defender Tamper Protection and retry install.

3. Please disable Windows Defender Tamper Protection and retry install. win10 1809

4. is windows tamper protection new with the upgrade to 1903?,
  5. tamper protection defender hidden administrator,
  6. tamper protection Microsoft Defender