Windows 10: Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses

Discus and support Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does Defender have the option to scan for the USB drives, portable HHD, etc. for viruses? If not, please and have others upvote my feedback in the hub.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulPChou, Jun 16, 2021.

1. PaulPChou Win User

Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses

Does Defender have the option to scan for the USB drives, portable HHD, etc. for viruses? If not, please and have others upvote my feedback in the hub. https://aka.ms/AAcwf5o

:)

PaulPChou, Jun 16, 2021
  2. MRM_PER Win User

How to set Defender to automatically scan a USB drive

[Merged]

how windows defender can Automatically Scan for Viruses When Plugging in a USB Flash Drive before let it connect to pc in windows 10?

MRM_PER, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Brian Cab Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Jun 16, 2021
  4. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses - Similar Threads - Defender automatically scan

2. tag scan portable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tag scan portable: Hello.I have downlaoded tagscan portable versionx64.Until now i have not any issue but the latest portable versionsx64 6.1.14 and 6.1.15 do not run at all with right clik.Any idea please?...
  3. tag scan portable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tag scan portable: Hello.I have downlaoded tagscan portable versionx64.Until now i have not any issue but the latest portable versionsx64 6.1.14 and 6.1.15 do not run at all with right clik.Any idea please?...
  4. Windows Defender won't scan automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender won't scan automatically: I just ditched Norton 360, opting to use just Windows Security. I thought that Windows would automatically scan my computer at various times without me doing a thing. Instead, I can go over 24 hours, and find that Windows has not done any scans at all. I have to manually go...
  5. Automatic Scan in Windows Defender

Automatic Scan in Windows Defender: Can Windows Defender be set to automatically scan at desired intervals?[Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/automatic-scan-in-windows-defender/f55df008-d13a-4d73-98ea-0b5ae3857f37
  6. Windows Defender -Full Scan automatically restarting after virus found

Windows Defender -Full Scan automatically restarting after virus found: I performed a quick scan which found nothing,so decided to perform a full scan. After 5 minutes, the system appeared to have automatically restarted - is this normal if it finds a virus to remove offline? Unfortunately, my system went into that 'preparing automatic repair /...
  7. Defender virus scan

Defender virus scan: When I try to scan in Windows Defender, I get a notice in red: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-virus-scan/91a276bf-4e55-434a-81f5-6a85212ee6d7"
  8. defender virus scanning not work why?

defender virus scanning not work why?: defender virus scanning not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-virus-scanning-not-work-why/1e1e885f-ff9e-4e5c-b7a9-e5eeb0c3cae8
  9. defender automatic update and scan

defender automatic update and scan: first let me say I am on a metered network....so my automatic update of windows 10 operating system is switched off...only operates on my command altho the defender update says it is automatic.i have to prompt every time....is this because of my "switched off " status.......
  10. windows defender automatically scan thumb drives

windows defender automatically scan thumb drives: plugged in USB thumb drive opened windows explorer right clicked drive scan with windows defender and it said scanning pc but it never shows any options so I dont know if it scanned pc or usb for sure why or not 42160