Windows 10: Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

Discus and support Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender is showing a yellow triangle on the tray icon, even though it is fully updated? The Security Centre home page shows all settings green... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Willabong, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Willabong Win User

Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

Windows Defender is showing a yellow triangle on the tray icon, even though it is fully updated? The Security Centre home page shows all settings green ticked, and the only problem I find is on the "Apps & browser control" page, where the first item "Check apps and files" has a heading saying (In red ink), "This setting is managed by your administrator". And of the 3 options below "Block/Warn/Off", the option is set to Off!

Is this the problem? Or is it something else?

Any advice welcome!*Confused

:)

Willabong, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Banzi Win User

Network icon in tray has yellow triangle but net works fine

Hi,

Last night I bit the bullet again & upgraded to windows 10 & then did a clean install. I have noticed that the network icon in the system tray shows a yellow triangle & says no access but I can surf fine with chrome & use qbitorrent etc.

The only way I can get rid of the yellow triangle is to disable the network adapter & then re enable it.

Not using any third party firewall as private fireall doesn't support windows 10.

Any ideas?

Banzi, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Windows defender yellow triangle

I noticed that a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point shows up next to the windows defender icon. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle? c1e47863-3727-4ecc-9a18-3507a379acd0?upload=true.png

NickArevalo1, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

Windows Defender shows yellow triangle briefly when I sign in

When I first sign in, the Windows Defender icon briefly shows a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, then turns to the green circle with a check mark. Sometimes it only takes a second or so, but sometimes it takes 30 to 60 seconds. Is this a sign
    that something is wrong and the malware subsequently is hiding that problem? If not, why does it happen?

ChrisRothe, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

1. Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle? - Similar Threads - Defender tray icon

2. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  3. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  4. Windows Security Action recomended showing a yellow triangle icon on windows tray bar. But...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Action recomended showing a yellow triangle icon on windows tray bar. But...: Hi,I'm using windows 11 home Pre installed version on my laptop. I notice last 3 or 4 days on my pcs tray bar is always showing a yellow traingle icon on windows defender software. But inside are all okey. I check a few time but I can't find a kind of any problem. Any expart...
  5. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon: I have a problem where everytime I close my lid and open again the yellow triangle appears, however as soon as I turn my Wifi off and on again everything is fine. While this is only a mild problem it is generally quite annoying to have to open my lid and not be already...
  6. Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon: Just after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 I noticed that LAN icon when the LAN cable and wifi not connected yet appears as the network cable is connected with a yellow triangle on the icon. troubleshooting gives unidentified problem. internet connection when cable is...
  7. Win Defender Tray icon with a non documented yellow warning.

Win Defender Tray icon with a non documented yellow warning.: Hi My PC Windows 10 up to date shows a yellow Windows Defender warning sign. [ATTACH] But Windows Defender main page shows everything in green [ATTACH] Please what is wrong in my PC with W Defender ? How can I fix an unknown issue ? Thanks for helping PhilDur...
  8. Windows defender yellow triangle

Windows defender yellow triangle: I noticed that a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point shows up next to the windows defender icon. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks[ATTACH]...
  9. Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying...
  10. Network icon in tray has yellow triangle but net works fine

in Windows 10 Support
    Network icon in tray has yellow triangle but net works fine: Hi, Last night I bit the bullet again & upgraded to windows 10 & then did a clean install. I have noticed that the network icon in the system tray shows a yellow triangle & says no access but I can surf fine with chrome & use qbitorrent etc. The only way I can get rid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender actions needed wont go away

2. windows 10 security always showing yellow

3. windows defender showing yellow icon. how find whats wrong

4. what does an exclamation in yellow triangle signify for Defender,
  5. why does windows defender show yellow triangle,
  6. windows defender security center has a yellow triangle,
  7. windows phone triangle,
  8. windows 10 security icon shows yellow triangle,
  9. windows defender shows yellow action needed but show no symptoms,
  10. yellow icon in windows defender,
  11. windows defender yellow no action needed,