Windows 10: Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware

Discus and support Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, there seems to be an elusive virus on my Wins 10 hard drive even though I have used Defender (updated) to do mini and full scans online and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MartiJoe, Aug 15, 2019.

1. MartiJoe Win User

Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware

Hi, there seems to be an elusive virus on my Wins 10 hard drive even though I have used Defender (updated) to do mini and full scans online and offline. It initially took downloaded software from Brother website, and Kindle app from Amazon website and installed them on a temp\ downloads folder using MS edge as the path. It has stopped me from writing and saving to my disk using different apps which were installed prior also giving messages as not enough space on disk; although I have almost 500GB available space on that drive. Other apps I need to uninstall could not be deleted.

Questions: how can I get Defender to find the annoying virus and totally delete it from my drive? And is there anyway through using Defender pervasive virus/malware can be stopped from downloading unto my system?

Your instructions and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

(really frustrated

:)

MartiJoe, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 15, 2019
  3. removal of sidecubes malware

Do not get SpyHunter. It's just as bad as the malware you have,

Follow the steps here.

Remove SideCubes Search (Virus Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus

So the detection is still occurring after you reset your browsers?

Reposting - - -

If the detection continues tell us the complete path to the malware file that shows in Defender’s “history.” What is the path to the malware file? We’d like to know the exact location of the
    file.

You might want to send a copy of the file to Virus Total for analysis: VirusTotal What
    were the results from Virus Total? What other antivirus programs detected malware in the file – perhaps you need to use one of those scanners on your computer? And - if other scanners did not detect malware in the file then this might be a false detection.

Also suggest you run two or more of the following scanners: List
    of Malware Removal Tools
    What scanners did you run?

Le Boule, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware - Similar Threads - Defender unable find

2. not able to remove virus/malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...
  3. not able to remove virus/malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...
  4. not able to remove virus/malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to remove malware

Unable to remove malware: Hi, Earlier today I got a notification from Windows Security saying I had Malware on my computer. I searched for where it was coming from and it was from Bloom.exe. I tried uninstalling the app but I couldn't find it anywhere on my apps and programs or on my control panel,...
  6. Virus/Malware issue, unable to permanently detect or remove from anti-virus

Virus/Malware issue, unable to permanently detect or remove from anti-virus: Hello,I'm dealing with a browser extension name "zHelpBlock" virus or malware. It's folder path is "C:ProgramData:"Tjdu" which is a hidden folder. While it says EMPTY but on opening there is a sub folder who's name changes every time. In "Tjdu" folder there's a sub folder...
  7. Virus and Malware remove properly

Virus and Malware remove properly: Hello dear, My windows 10 device is effected by more and more virus with malware's. Kindly give me a solution to refresh my laptop. Regards @emraan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-malware-remove-properly/82b42754-e6c1-44a9-9a18-1d02e547db74
  8. Virus & Malware - MS Defender

Virus & Malware - MS Defender: I have a problem with MS Defender updating. It shows weird error that it is not able to download update due to internet connection. I have internet connection always and i dont see that as a challenge while using heavy download. Kindly suggest....
  9. Remove Viruses and malwares

Remove Viruses and malwares: Does removing all files and reinstalling windows 10 remove viruses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-viruses-and-malwares/613ca87a-cf46-416e-bb94-1aeeec48b11a
  10. Malware/Virus Removal

Malware/Virus Removal: I ran my command prompt through the advanced start up option to find malware or infected files in my system. The command prompt I ran was as follows: 1. C: 2. -s -h -r /s /d *.* 3. dir I received multiple access denied notifications along with numerous “The target...