Windows 10: Defender Update Issues

Discus and support Defender Update Issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm looking at a Lenovo AIO for a friend. It is running 21H1, 64bit, home edition on an AMD processor and since that was loaded by Windows Update,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by The_Engineer_JB, May 27, 2021.

1. Defender Update Issues

I'm looking at a Lenovo AIO for a friend. It is running 21H1, 64bit, home edition on an AMD processor and since that was loaded by Windows Update, automatically there have been issues with Defender updates. Initially, there were failures to install KB2267602 and KB4052623. It kept trying and failing to install. After reading a few similar issues, I deinstalled Malwarebytes licenced and tried again. The two KB items then seemed to install OK, but Windows Update still kept telling me tht important updates were not installed, though it didn't tell me WHAT important updates. From the logs of i

:)

The_Engineer_JB, May 27, 2021

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 27, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Windows Defender issues following Windows10 Creator Update Version 1703

Hello,

There may be a few possible reasons why Windows Defender would suddenly have performance issues. To further assess on this, kindly provide the information listed below:

• Did this issue occur only after the Creators Update?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are you getting any error message when trying to launch Windows Defender Security Center?
    • does this issue also happens to other Windows app or programs?
    • What's the status of your CPU and Memory performance (Task Manager) when this issue starts to happen?
    In the mean time, we suggest checking if your Windows Defender is currently on the latest version, and update it if otherwise. You can find more information about Windows Defender updates
    here.

Keep us posted for any changes or outcome.

Mark Isi, May 27, 2021
  4. Defender Update Issues

Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Defender Update Issues

1. Defender Update Issues - Similar Threads - Defender Update Issues

2. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates: Hey there everyone, Having an issue across a few devices in the family. For whatever reason, Security Intelligence updates are not actually able to update on their own. If I go to "Virus & Threat Protection" in Windows then check for Security Intelligence updates, it just...
  3. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates: Hey there everyone, Having an issue across a few devices in the family. For whatever reason, Security Intelligence updates are not actually able to update on their own. If I go to "Virus & Threat Protection" in Windows then check for Security Intelligence updates, it just...
  4. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Defender issue

Defender issue: Hi . so I've seen a lot of people having this issue and I have it too now. Defender "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app" I cant interact with anything on the security settings. The cmd codes wont work , I get access denied yes , I ran cmd as...
  6. Windows defender issues updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  7. Windows defender issues updates

Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  8. Issues with Defender

Issues with Defender: hello my name is Jason I'm been reading this forms last few days back on tues I have updated windows 1909 to windows 2004 I have last few days chatted with Microsoft agent not sure what to do maybe they will run today or not I need help maybe somebody can share if they...
  9. Windows Update and Windows defender issues

Windows Update and Windows defender issues: Hey, a new issue turned up on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T430s Windows 10 Pro Education. I have attached the relevant screenshots. Windows Update says 'Your device is missing important security and quality fixes' and won't check for updates. Another is that the Windows...
  10. defender issues after creator update

defender issues after creator update: i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing. i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no...