Windows 10: Defender update

Discus and support Defender update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Windows 10 VER 1903 update system no longer can update defender definitions, Even manually will not update. All other updates are successful.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blessme, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:27 AM.

1. blessme Win User

Defender update

After Windows 10 VER 1903 update system no longer can update defender definitions, Even manually will not update. All other updates are successful.

:)

2. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:28 AM
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:28 AM
  4. Defender update

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Thema:

Defender update

1. Defender update - Similar Threads - Defender update

2. Updating windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updating windows defender: I tried updating my windows defender but it shows error in after some time and then stops the update. Error code showing: 0x80072ee2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/updating-windows-defender/336ecb86-5fba-4d8c-867f-dc57eedef704
  3. Defender Antimalware windows update-corrupted SFC scan is back again

in Windows 10 Support
    Defender Antimalware windows update-corrupted SFC scan is back again: After using DISM to fix the recent Windows Defender Platform corruption found when running an sfc scan. Tonight Windows Update has installed the latest version of the Windows Antivirus Defender Antimalware Platform KB405263 version 4.18.1907.4 and to check if it was still...
  4. Windows Defender Update Stuck at 99% with Firewall Virus Alert

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Update Stuck at 99% with Firewall Virus Alert: Hello, I have updated two computers to version 1903 on Windows 10 Pro. After the upgrade is complete, the Windows Defender Update gets stuck at 99%. At the same time, the firewall sends a notification that is blocking a virus called Aiis-6803892-0 from the download IP...
  5. Updating windows 10 V1093 Defender definitions

Updating windows 10 V1093 Defender definitions: I'm broadcasting a resolution based on latest MSFT Tech resolving defender issue.. Here goes … for some reason automatic defender update failed and no longer retried. Ok clicked on error ######## and noticed there was option to manually update win 10 defender 64 bit. It did...
  6. Defender update problems

Defender update problems: Is everyone have problems with windows 10 version 1093 defender updates only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-update-problems/8273aa25-2f8b-4714-89eb-dbd58a45ab8a
  7. Antivirus disappeared, can't turn on windows defender, can't update windows (0x80070424)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antivirus disappeared, can't turn on windows defender, can't update windows (0x80070424): Hello, I'm on windows 10 family version 1803. Last time my computer checked for update: 14.09.2018 I recently realised that no system update have been done for 10 months and that F-Secure was not on my computer anymore (just a shortcut on my desktop leading nowhere). When...
  8. 'Defender' update 07/10/19 breaks 'system file checker' app

'Defender' update 07/10/19 breaks 'system file checker' app: All devices updated yesterday(07/10/19) have corruption that cannot be repaired, ""windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them...For online repair etc etc.""...
  9. Windows defender blocked after latest updates?

Windows defender blocked after latest updates?: After todays latest updates, unable to use Windows Defender, blocked by Group Policy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-after-latest-updates/81667f23-1b93-48b1-b18c-5fc213ae0167
  10. sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.: Anyone else seeing this after last night's Defender Platform update that went from 4.18.1905.4-0 to 4.18.1906.3-0? I'm getting it on both my platforms. Both machines are on the latest 1903 207 build. Perhaps some Powershell Defender module for 4.18.1906.3-0 hasn't synced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4.18.1906.3-0 defender