Windows 10: Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause

Discus and support Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So if I have Windows Update paused and Defender is part of Windows why is Defender updating IF updates are paused?Pretty damn angry on this one. My... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arthur DentDent, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause

So if I have Windows Update paused and Defender is part of Windows why is Defender updating IF updates are paused?Pretty damn angry on this one. My monitor was switched off powered on and I came home to a dead monitor.No power. Cannot turn on. Dead like disco.I am now "borrowing" the wife's monitor just so I can add this delightful little diddy.Any ideas?As a side note this was installed while my updates were paused 1.345.645.0Listed as 'Windows Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus KB2267602

:)

Arthur DentDent, Aug 16, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Aug 16, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Why won't Windows Defender not auto update anymore

I have have windows updates set to notify updates , I will install myself, because I want to make a system restore point before installing updates.

Because of this windows defender does not update automatically and I had to create a task for updating in the task scheduler, which I did but it does not work anymore since I re-installed windows.
    What am I doing wrong?

Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause defender-update-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause

Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause

1. Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause - Similar Threads - Defender Updating Despite

2. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  3. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  4. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  6. Why is Update running despite being paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Update running despite being paused?: Hi. I've been coping with this for two years, and I've finally had enough of it. Why is Windows updating for over half an hour, taking 100% of my HDD and preventing me from doing anything even Event Viewer crashed the first time I opened it, even though updates are paused...
  7. Make Windows Defender Intelligence updates exceptions to Updates Pause

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Make Windows Defender Intelligence updates exceptions to Updates Pause: There's nothing I can do about the need for Defender updates, while I *can* control general updates by pausing for 7 days (repeatedly) until I've read about the safety and bugginess of those updates. I have Windows Updates paused, so I get the requests to permit Defender...
  8. Not showing update despite there being some

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing update despite there being some: Hi all. I have recently paused updates but I have now resumed them and it says up to date. However I know I need to get the March update for version 2004 which I was being prompted to up date to before I paused them. Are the any other methods to make windows check for...
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED: MY WINDOWS DEFENDER WHEN I AM TRYING TO UPDATE IS STRUCK AND IS NOT GETTING UPDATED. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-not-being-updated/d83e308e-816a-42f0-8e3d-507ed93a76bf
  10. Windows Defender says unprotected despite being enabled and updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender says unprotected despite being enabled and updated: Windows Defender says potentially unprotected despite being enabled and up to date and I ran a scan. It just recently had one of the common errors where it failed to update. 71218