Windows 10: defender virus protection is not operating and has been turnled over to an administrator; why

Discus and support defender virus protection is not operating and has been turnled over to an administrator; why in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why has the defender virus protection been turned over to an administrator and my computer is now unprotected?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlthaWilliams, Sep 26, 2019.

1. defender virus protection is not operating and has been turnled over to an administrator; why

Why has the defender virus protection been turned over to an administrator and my computer is now unprotected?

:)

AlthaWilliams, Sep 26, 2019

2. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

defender virus protection is not operating and has been turnled over to an administrator; why wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Booster2 Win User
    How to turn on Window Defender virus protection.

I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now my Windows Defender is turned off. I need the virus protection but am unable to turn on Defender virus protection. I am using Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Booster2, Sep 26, 2019
  4. defender virus protection is not operating and has been turnled over to an administrator; why

Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

defender virus protection is not operating and has been turnled over to an administrator; why

1. defender virus protection is not operating and has been turnled over to an administrator; why - Similar Threads - defender virus protection

2. *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*: I recently reset my PC without keeping the files because, i wanted a fresh start for my PC. After the reset i was trying to download something and noticed that i need to turn my Windows Defender off for a second but when i tried accessing windows defender it said that Windows...
  3. *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*: I recently reset my PC without keeping the files because, i wanted a fresh start for my PC. After the reset i was trying to download something and noticed that i need to turn my Windows Defender off for a second but when i tried accessing windows defender it said that Windows...
  4. why virus & threat protection not appear at windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why virus & threat protection not appear at windows defender: why virus & threat protection not appear at windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-virus-threat-protection-not-appear-at-windows/e03ea3dc-e04e-403e-b5dd-6e6413d8b309
  5. why virus & threat protection not appear at windows defender

why virus & threat protection not appear at windows defender: why virus & threat protection not appear at windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-virus-threat-protection-not-appear-at-windows/e03ea3dc-e04e-403e-b5dd-6e6413d8b309
  6. Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!: After regretful update of windows 11.. I have gone past the 10 days and there is no way out. I can not attempt to do anything useful on laptop because no matter what, I need admin privileges. There has not been one even semi useful answer. Who knows the hidden secret here?!...
  7. Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!

Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!: After regretful update of windows 11.. I have gone past the 10 days and there is no way out. I can not attempt to do anything useful on laptop because no matter what, I need admin privileges. There has not been one even semi useful answer. Who knows the hidden secret here?!...
  8. Windows Defender is to over protective

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender is to over protective: Hi there. I have problem in my laptop. Windows Defender considers my application to be a virus. For example, when I open the Steam, a warning sign always appears with a code 0xc0000005. So, if I want to open the application I have to add that apllication to Exclusions in...
  9. Virus protection on windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus protection on windows defender: My virus protection on windows defender will not scan as it states that I am using another provider although I have not subscribed to any other provider . This is a recent occurrence (2 days) . Any ideas?...
  10. Windows defender Virus Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender Virus Protection: I had uninstalled Third Party Antivirus Software after its validy After that I can not able to switch on Windows Defender Virus Protection . It is showing message your virus and protection is managed by your organization Pl help to restore the setting by switching on...