Windows 10: defender virus scanning not work why?

Discus and support defender virus scanning not work why? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; defender virus scanning not work why?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by faleelmzm, Apr 15, 2019.

1. faleelmzm Win User

defender virus scanning not work why?

:)

faleelmzm, Apr 15, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 15, 2019
  3. initiating a virus scan with windows defender on Windows 10

• Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click on Virus & threat protection.
    • Click on Quick Scan or see Advanced Scan.

If you don't see the Windows Defender icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar, add it.

Windows Defender Notification Area Icon - Hide or Show in Windows 10

Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

Bruce Hagen, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. defender virus scanning not work why? - Similar Threads - defender virus scanning

2. virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus scan: defender virus scanning not work? Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/e79013c5-98b4-4c40-8276-3ceb5b3c5175
  3. Virus Scan Failed

Virus Scan Failed: Attempts at downloading documents results in Virus scan failed message. This occurs on Crome and Edge and does not seem to be associated with McAfee. Any ideas how to fix this issue?...
  4. virus scan failed

virus scan failed: whenever i try o download anything it says virus scan failed. macafee web advisor wont uninstall either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/ec932c18-be40-490d-acc3-29d35854d2b4
  5. virus scan running on working hours

virus scan running on working hours: win10 v-1803 b-17134 hello, virus scan is running on working hours and slow down the system significantly! is it possible for the system to have that scan not on working hours?...
  6. Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions

Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions: Hello everybody, My Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions, I've had to do these things manually since the Win 10 April 2018 upgrade. Re-installed the whole Win 10, didn't fix the problem. Today I completed the Win 10 October 2018 upgrade....
  7. Peripherials virus scan??

Peripherials virus scan??: I've never thought about this before but does the Microsoft Security Essentials or any other anti virus that when it does a full scan, does it also scan anything plugged into the USB port like a camera or a external backup drive? Or does it only do the main drive with the OS...
  8. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...
  9. Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer?

Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer?: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app,and the item you tried to access is not available . Contact IT helpdesk for more information. This is the message I get when I try to scan a drive using windows defender (right click and scan using windows...
  10. Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line

Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line: Hi! I know that Windows Defender allows to scan for viruses by command line. I'm using it not for simple problem - after scan (?) it closes console and I see result not. I'm using this command: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 3 -File...