Windows 10: Defender

Discus and support Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ajdpony, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ajdpony Win User

Defender

I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?

:)

ajdpony, Sep 6, 2018
  2. José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO Win User

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Rafael Com Win User
    Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Defender

1. Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Can't run Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't run Windows Defender: Win Defender Security Centre lists my Virus and Threat Protection as disabled. The message reads "Your Virus & threat Protection is managed by your organization." This happened a month ago and was resolved when I thoroughly removed Malwarebytes, though it and Win Defender...
  3. Weird Defender Issue i Believe

Weird Defender Issue i Believe: Hello All Updated my System 1809 Pro build to 17763.134, restarted, Then My Fans kicked up to high speed for a good 5-10 minutes, Defender still shows after Full Scan Threats found, despite i checked with every single other portable program and also Eset online scan So far...
  4. How do I uninstall Windows Defender from Windows 10 operating system?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I uninstall Windows Defender from Windows 10 operating system?: How do I uninstall Windows Defender from Windows 10 operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-windows-defender-from-windows/2b461a62-b55f-435b-9ab1-b0a4aa5e6aa3
  5. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  6. Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender: Running on Windows 10 Version 1607 Want to use Widows Defender - but get a message that I need to uninstall AVG Cloudcare Antivirus - when it brings up a list of products I can't find it My Task Manager shows AVG Watchdog Running - where is it located so I can Uninstall...
  7. how do i install a new copy of Windows Defender Antivirus becouse mine stopped working and...

how do i install a new copy of Windows Defender Antivirus becouse mine stopped working and...: how do i install a new copy of Windows Defender Antivirus becouse mine stopped working and i can not restart it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-install-a-new-copy-of-windows-defender/121ed4dd-d821-4597-b761-eb34657e7bdd
  8. Windows 10 Defender - Virus and Threat Protection Not Working

Windows 10 Defender - Virus and Threat Protection Not Working: Hello, I recently deleted some antivirus programs from my windows. Then I came to know that my windows 10 defender was not working properly. I have green tick on my VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION option which means it is working properly, but, I can't scan anything. When I click...
  9. Windows Defender for AndroidOS & iOS

Windows Defender for AndroidOS & iOS: I wish Windows Defender available for AndroidOS & iOS. Now I'm using Eset AV & malwarebytes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-for-androidos-ios/3c18ee41-f34b-4420-b7e8-dd60caa2acd3
  10. Bit Defender compatibility problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bit Defender compatibility problems: I use Bitdefender for my antivirus and Firewall and prior to the October W10 updated, I had no problems. sometime after the update, I started to get error messages saying that the firewall for W Defender and BD were both off. I fact, BD firewall is still on and working...