Windows 10: Defender

Discus and support Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ajdpony, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ajdpony Win User

Defender

I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?

:)

ajdpony, Sep 6, 2018

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Defender

1. Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: So i'm trying to install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.339.558.0 and it went up to 50% install before hanging there and not installing further, anyone got any solutions?...
  3. window defender icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window defender icon: MSFT in its wisdom updated my computer today, without telling me what was going on. In the process, the windows defender icon disappeared off the taskbar. I understand that this is the default setting. Well, I want it back. Hitting the alt key to get windows tools menu...
  4. WIndows Defender not showing Protection History

WIndows Defender not showing Protection History: Hello,I recently re-installed windows on my pc, but I chose to keep all my files and apps. All the apps' data were alright, but windows defender's protection history was gone! I don't have a problem with that. But then no matter how many times my pc is scanned and actions are...
  5. Can't install Windows Defender Updates

Can't install Windows Defender Updates: I Can't Install Windows Defender updates and it always error occurred what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-windows-defender-updates/a0369fc8-794b-4267-8207-2f3acae9a60c
  6. Windows Defender not working

Windows Defender not working: My Windows Defender Antivirus has stopped working and whenever i press restart it just shows a error occurred what should i do Help !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-not-working/fcbb340f-4c82-45c8-807a-8a8f6b62ae6b
  7. How to reinstall windows defender on windows 8?

How to reinstall windows defender on windows 8?: i need it, please tell me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-defender-on-windows-8/96829d2a-d36e-4ded-a851-5042e878b96d
  8. Windows Defender updates fail since Apr. 30 although intermittently they do work after...

Windows Defender updates fail since Apr. 30 although intermittently they do work after...: failed defender updates since april 30 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-updates-fail-since-apr-30/f18c7eac-732c-498c-ab28-117a2426888d
  9. Some virus deleted Windows Defender

Some virus deleted Windows Defender: Some virus deleted Windows Defender and i cant update my PC it says 0x80070424. And i go to services and it deleted system or what it is Windows Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/some-virus-deleted-windows-defender/41dc4436-73a9-4548-8eb3-7635e914a038
  10. Defender not working and defender update install getting error

Defender not working and defender update install getting error: Windows defender not working and getting notifications that Virus protection is turned off. But there is no option turning it on. In services it is not starting either....