Windows 10: defender

Discus and support defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; can i disable windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender/098ea8ec-e774-4f02-8e36-bf2298f8f0be" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by martinthompson3, Jan 15, 2019.

1. defender

can i disable windows defender

:)

martinthompson3, Jan 15, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jan 15, 2019
  4. defender

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

defender

1. defender - Similar Threads - defender

2. Disabling Windows Defender through Group Policy enables Firewall blocking of incoming...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Windows Defender through Group Policy enables Firewall blocking of incoming...: Morning, I'm having an issue with Windows Firewall disabling incoming domain connections after turning off Windows Defender (Windows 10). Our organization uses third party software for network security (webroot & Malwarebytes Endpoint) so we don't need Windows Defender or...
  3. Windows Defender and Microsoft's E5 for ATP products

Windows Defender and Microsoft's E5 for ATP products: Scenario:- I have 2000 windows workstations( windows 8.1 on 1000 and windows 10 on the remaining workstations). Default windows Defender enabled and running on all of the 2000 workstations. I purchased Microsoft E5 licenses so i can use some of its ATP products/capabilities...
  4. Unable to edit windows defender anti virus

Unable to edit windows defender anti virus: So my windows defender saids its on but when i go check it it saids its off and when i want to turn it on it wont let me,its just like blanked out or blocked like its greyed out and i cant even turn it on and when i goto check for updates it saids error and it saids we'll do...
  5. Windows defender

Windows defender: Hi everyone, I have a problem with the security center. I noticed recently, that the defender real-time protection is grayed out (I can't turn it on) and also the security icon in task manager is showing, but when I point at it with a mouse it disappears (as in it crashes)....
  6. WINDOW DEFENDER IS TURN OFF

WINDOW DEFENDER IS TURN OFF: I NEED HELP FROM THE SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR TO HELP ME TURN ON MY WINDOW DEFENDER THROUGH GROUP POLICY THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-is-turn-off/35198a9c-39b1-4fa2-9011-2e3918aa76cd
  7. Using Windows Defender Anti Virus, Threat Protection, etc. is a 'Security' issue... More...

Using Windows Defender Anti Virus, Threat Protection, etc. is a 'Security' issue... More...: I appreciate the human support provided to end users with problems with W10 and associated MS products (In this case, Windows Defender Threat Protection; WDTP) I encountered two issues with WDTP within the last two months. The live support provided to me helped to get my...
  8. Windows Defender.

Windows Defender.: Hello Microsoft, I'm using Windows 10 and when I'm running a full scan using Windows Defender it scans very slowly. It's never been that fast but in the last day or two it's become even slower. Any fix for this please? Many thanks. Regards Roggerbabby....
  9. Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety web filtering white-list and windows defender / system updates: So I turned on Family Safety and enabled the always allowed, but windows defender and ms updates are not working. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-web-filtering-white-list-and-windows/a7218588-6fc6-432f-827f-07320bb1f70d"
  10. unable to open windows settings or turn on windows defender

unable to open windows settings or turn on windows defender: I recently tried to install a mod for a game i was playing and well, it was a virus. I deleted yet i still can't turn on windows defender and when i try to open any settings it closes the window. I resorted to a full system restart and yet again, closed it right away. I can't...