Windows 10: Defender

Discus and support Defender in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During a browsing session using Edge, Defender detected a virus and prompted me to quarantine it. After I took recommended action, Defender indicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MG__, Aug 7, 2019.

1. MG__ Win User

Defender

During a browsing session using Edge, Defender detected a virus and prompted me to quarantine it. After I took recommended action, Defender indicated that remediation might be incomplete so I also did virus scan which did not detect virus.

Despite quarantine and virus scan, my laptop still is having abnormal behavior (e.g. blue screen, showing unsual ads in Edge, etc.) so I also reset Edge.

What is next step since to avoid problems - reinstall Windows? Is Chromium Version of Edge available to download when reinstalling Windows?

Defender 672d6ba3-2ed3-4b34-bbe3-792a46c40127?upload=true.jpg

:)

MG__, Aug 7, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Defender

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Defender

1. Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Is Windows Defender an AV program, and is it enough?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows Defender an AV program, and is it enough?: When I google what Windows Defender is, it's sometimes referred to as an anti-spyware program, and other times it's called an anti-virus program. Is it both? And is it good enough to use it instead of also getting something like Avast as an anti-virus? I would hope that...
  3. ive got a problem, a virus is detected in my pc by windows defender. even if i clicked...

ive got a problem, a virus is detected in my pc by windows defender. even if i clicked...: this is the photo.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-got-a-problem-a-virus-is-detected-in-my-pc-by/c9a283c3-f933-45d6-999a-c7d69cf90eb9"
  4. Windows defender not working.

Windows defender not working.: I am using Windows 10 pro version 1903. My windows defender is not working. It showing "engine unavailable". Its not updating and while i want to scan it not scanning. I am pressing scan option but nothing happening. Please help in this regard.[IMG][IMG]...
  5. Windows Defender Security Center blocks some trusted Apps, such as MS word, to access some...

Windows Defender Security Center blocks some trusted Apps, such as MS word, to access some...: Hi, I've recently seen that Windows Defender Security Center blocks some trusted Apps, such as MS word, to access some folders although I didn't do any changes and these Apps, such as MS Word, were accessing to any folders without being blocked and without being added to the...
  6. Microsoft Windows Defender Firewall IPsec Provider

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows Defender Firewall IPsec Provider: Hello, how do I fix an IPsec negotiation failure preventing a connection to a public Wi-Fi network? Thanks for your attention to this request for assistance. LRRPR48...
  7. Windows Defender on 8.1 will not update

Windows Defender on 8.1 will not update: Windows Defender will not update virus and spyware definitions. After requesting the update and letting it run forever, I eventually get a message "The virus and spyware definitions didn't update on [Date],[Time] because of an Internet or network connectivity problem." I...
  8. Port 3389 Process Cloning Malware Turned off Defender

Port 3389 Process Cloning Malware Turned off Defender: Whatever I have is using the Terminal Services RDP vulnerability. When NLA was activated the malware tried sending a MS fax with the Authentication credentials. It clones and replaces legitimate Windows processes and it was running as System 32. Copies your windows folder,...
  9. Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?

Where can I find a log file for the Windows Defender Offline scan?: I've run the Windows Defender Offline scan. It finishes, but I don't know what the result is. Does it produce a log file& where can I find it? I thought that I had found the answer in microsoft forums, but all links with the answers don't go anywhere...
  10. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: I found the instructions for installing and setting up Application Guard using GPO. We have moved our entire infrastructure to Microsoft 365 in the cloud so how do you set up Application Guard using Intune policies?...