Windows 10: Defenders Full Scan

Discus and support Defenders Full Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BryceStewart, Jun 12, 2019 at 11:47 PM.

1. Defenders Full Scan

I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I should just cancel the scan and do a quick one instead.

:)

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

4. Brian Cab Win User

Defenders Full Scan

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Thema:

Defenders Full Scan

1. Defenders Full Scan - Similar Threads - Defenders Full Scan

2. defender scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender scan: I have been trying to run a defender scan on task scheduler for years; after a zillion tries when I m done setting it up it asks for a password and regardless of what I try it comes back and says there is least 5 or more reasons why it can do it.sometimes it acts like its...
  3. Running Full Scan

Running Full Scan: I run Defender "full scan" every 3-4 days. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hours and other times 9-10 hours. Should I run it more often? Or is this normal to run for such a long time? When done, there is somewhere between 700,000-800,000 items scanned....
  4. scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions

scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions: I have a new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit laptop that I am configuring. I am coming from a Windows 7 desktop. Much has changed. For its malware defense, I am using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. Scheduling Malwarebytes to scan at a certain time of day is trivial, but...
  5. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus full scan

Windows Defender Antivirus full scan: Can I work in other programs while conducting a full scan with Windows Defender Antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-full-scan/7f08cc5f-6240-4d27-8e57-ac4f374e92d3
  7. How to full scan using Windows Defender on a remote computer?

How to full scan using Windows Defender on a remote computer?: Hi Friends, I want to run full scan on a few remote computers of my organization using Windows Defender? Is there any command or PowerShell or tool that I can try? Thanks for your time. Regards...
  8. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...
  9. Windows Defender full scan taking a long time!

Windows Defender full scan taking a long time!: We're at 5 1/2 hours and still not finished. 924,000+ items scanned. I had had the trial version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit on for the first 1 1/2 hours of the Defender scan and I turned it off because I thought that might be slowing things. This is on a Dell Inspiron...
  10. Unable to run full scan on Windows Defender

Unable to run full scan on Windows Defender: I am unable to run a full scan on Windows Defender - the scan runs extremely slowly (only a dozen files per minute) and often hangs. The issue isn't that I have too many files - I've used only half of my available space and full scan worked perfectly well before I upgraded to...