Windows 10: Defender's offline DB size remains mostly the same?!

Discus and support Defender's offline DB size remains mostly the same?! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Something curious I've noticed, and I wonder if someone from Microsoft could shed more light. Defender's virus database size remains mostly the same... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GGim, Dec 26, 2020.

1. GGim Win User

Defender's offline DB size remains mostly the same?!

Something curious I've noticed, and I wonder if someone from Microsoft could shed more light.

Defender's virus database size remains mostly the same over time. It might grow gradually for a while, but then the size drops. Then it resumes growing.

The db is composed of base + delta files. I could see how merging the two might decrease the size, but not how the base db could shrink. On average over a few years, it roughly keeps the same size.

Assuming new virus signatures are being added and none removed, how is that possible?

:)

2. VivekRai Win User

My Facebook Chat remains offline

• My facebook and google contacts remains offline in my phone instead of a good internet connection and the settings switched to available and recommended one.

I have already tried most of the suggestions posted in the community related to the very problem, but unfortunately none of them are working.
    • I am also unable to switch my facebook chat in live messenger to online; however the problem is not with the Google chat in the live id.

I can switch my Google chat to online and offline as many times I want, but can't do the same with my Facebook chat.
    • kindly give me a working suggestion.

VivekRai, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Whick Win User
    Windows Defender Offline for Windows 10

Tried this suggestion and it did not work. Tried to boot from USB with Windows Defender Offline transferred from a safe computer. Would not boot from USB. Message "Secure Boot Violation, Invalid Signature Detected, Check secure boot policy in Setup"
    Any suggestions on next steps for a Windows 10 compatible version of Windows Defender Offline?

Whick, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Defender's offline DB size remains mostly the same?!

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Defender's offline DB size remains mostly the same?!

1. Defender's offline DB size remains mostly the same?! - Similar Threads - Defender's offline size

2. Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged: Ok so yesterday I was just using my computer as normal and when I was about shut it off I noticed majority of my desktop icons disappeared? It didn't happen right after I restarted my computer and my computer was relatively fine throughout the day. I installed some third...
  3. Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged: Ok so yesterday I was just using my computer as normal and when I was about shut it off I noticed majority of my desktop icons disappeared? It didn't happen right after I restarted my computer and my computer was relatively fine throughout the day. I installed some third...
  4. Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Defender offline broken

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender offline broken: 1. My defender offline scan used to work good, used to take its 15 mins to complete 2. Then I had a zip file with a variety of trojans, malwares and backdoors. I scanned and removed that 3.Now my offline defender scan has broken, when I go for an offline scan, a popuo for a...
  6. Defender Offline scan

Defender Offline scan: Morning My system seemed very slow to boot this morning - blank screen no connection cable displayed. After it booted I ran a full system scan with no problems. I then ran the Defender offline scan takes about 15 minutes to run. The scan appeared to take about 5-6 minutes....
  7. Windows Defender Offline

Windows Defender Offline: Is Windows Defender Offline really working? Because I just did one scan right now. But after some seconds it just boots me back to Windows. What is happening? Is Windows Defender Offline even scanning for malwares?...
  8. Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same

Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same: I have a 3840x2160 and text size is set to the recommended 150%. Text size changes on its own to a smaller font - though it still says 150%. Can get it back to "normal" sometimes by toggling the size and doing a reboot. This happened occasionally but, the last couple of...
  9. Windows Defender offline

Windows Defender offline: Is there a copy of mssstool64.exe that works for windows 10 current release. All I have found boot up but says it can't be started because it was unable to detect a windows system drive. error code 0x8004cc01 I made a bootable USB from what I thought was a W10 version but...
  10. Defender Offline

Defender Offline: Does anyone know if Defender Offline is supposed to be a default option for the recovery environment? I don't see any options for it, or do I have to use ICD to create a custom option for the WIM? 34689