Windows 10: Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades

Discus and support Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to defer or delay Windows 11 2022 Update or feature upgrades. Microsoft has recently rolled out the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 24, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades

Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades Defer-or-Delay-Windows-11-2022-Update-or-Feature-Upgrades.jpg
    In this post, we will show you how to defer or delay Windows 11 2022 Update or feature upgrades. Microsoft has recently rolled out the Windows 11 2022 Update Version 22H2 and you might already have received it on your Windows 11 PC. If not, you can get the update using the Media Creation Tool or […]

This article Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 24, 2022
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Defer upgrades

Anyone know of a place that list the new Windows features available?

"Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent
    you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available."

Teddy2016, Sep 24, 2022
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 24, 2022
  4. tcebob Win User

Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?

Apparently, "defer" does not refer to postponing updates to a more convenient time. Microsoft's explanation:

• "Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn't affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available."
    I had it turned on and wondered why no update had been done for over a month. It finally happened in mid afternoon when I stepped away for a break, and l had to wait quite a while to get back to work.

The best you can do is set Active Hours, which will postpone updates until a better time of day. Active Hours is a maximum of 12 hours. I've set mine to 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Sleep mode won't stop it. But I don't think MS has a way to turn on your computer.

tcebob, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades - Similar Threads - Defer Delay 2022

2. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  3. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  4. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Defering updates leads to installation of feature updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defering updates leads to installation of feature updates.: Hello everybody, since version 1903, feature updates should no longer be installed automatically, instead they should be offered as optional updates. This works so far, but only if the option to defer updates regardless of whether feature or security updates is not used. If...
  6. Delaying Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delaying Feature Updates: I have just installed 1903 (Windows 10 Pro) from an ISO disc and wish to delay feature updates using GPedit I would some help with the following instructions given by MS When Selecting Semi-Annual Channel: - You can defer receiving Feature Updates for up to 365 days. - To...
  7. How to Defer or Delay Windows 10 October 2018 Update or Feature Upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    How to Defer or Delay Windows 10 October 2018 Update or Feature Upgrades: [ATTACH] You can use the Defer Updates option in your Settings, to delay the installation of Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 on your computer. Some of you may want to adopt the policy of wait-and-watch and read the reports about [...] This post How to Defer or Delay...
  8. Windows updated by checking the defer upgrades

Windows updated by checking the defer upgrades: I was trying to update to anniversary update but it's not updating until i checked the defer upgrade the update works now, so why is it defer upgrades worked opposite? 94358
  9. Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?

Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?: I reinstalled windows 10 fresh because I upgraded my Dell 3147 from a slow 5400 rpm HD to a faster 8gb 5400 rpm SSHD ( yes its faster for sure) Anyway I went to Windows update and now found "Defer Upgrades" will this stop the driver updates for a while? How long if it...
  10. Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10: How to: Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 How to Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features wont...