Windows 10: Defining if a windows event file can show file has been opened, copied or just part of a...

Discus and support Defining if a windows event file can show file has been opened, copied or just part of a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am being told that a major global company can not differentiate if a recorded user Windows event is a file explorer search, a copy, viewing file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SH129, May 20, 2019.

1. SH129 Win User

Defining if a windows event file can show file has been opened, copied or just part of a...

Hi

I am being told that a major global company can not differentiate if a recorded user Windows event is a file explorer search, a copy, viewing file metadata or opening a file.

This does not feel right s no company could ever tell which file were accessed in a data breach or just found in a search.

Can someone help clarify?

Thanks

:)

SH129, May 20, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 20, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 20, 2019
  4. jaydeee Win User

Defining if a windows event file can show file has been opened, copied or just part of a...

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Defining if a windows event file can show file has been opened, copied or just part of a... :)

jaydeee, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Defining if a windows event file can show file has been opened, copied or just part of a... - Similar Threads - Defining event file

2. The Accessed time of the file has not been updated when having an event open file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Accessed time of the file has not been updated when having an event open file.: My company uses the Fileserver shared via hyper-V, windows server 2019, we have using deduplication technology on this volume of the Fileserver. The problems are as below: I saw many files that can't update the Accessed time when we open the file. And this files have a common...
  3. The Accessed time of the file has not been updated when having an event open file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Accessed time of the file has not been updated when having an event open file.: My company uses the Fileserver shared via hyper-V, windows server 2019, we have using deduplication technology on this volume of the Fileserver. The problems are as below: I saw many files that can't update the Accessed time when we open the file. And this files have a common...
  4. The "open file" dialog doesn't show who has the file open.

The "open file" dialog doesn't show who has the file open.: I recently had an issue where a user couldn't delete a file because it was open. The "open file" dialog typically says what user has the file open, but this time it did not. Is there a reason why it wouldn't show who had the file open? The end user wants to know what we can...
  5. The "open file" dialog doesn't show who has the file open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The "open file" dialog doesn't show who has the file open.: I recently had an issue where a user couldn't delete a file because it was open. The "open file" dialog typically says what user has the file open, but this time it did not. Is there a reason why it wouldn't show who had the file open? The end user wants to know what we can...
  6. Opening and copying files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening and copying files: Im trying to open a file from my USB and states "The destination file could not be created" and when trying to copy it I get the error code 0x80004005: Unspecified error with the following message: "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to...
  7. Opening and copying files

Opening and copying files: Im trying to open a file from my USB and states "The destination file could not be created" and when trying to copy it I get the error code 0x80004005: Unspecified error with the following message: "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to...
  8. Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?: In old Win7 users could place a shortcut on TaskBar then open Properties of this shortcut, go to "Shortcut" tab and enter %windir%\explorer.exe /n,/e,D:\data This opens (when clicked) Windows Explorer and mark and expands directory D:\data\ Unfortunately this does not work...
  9. Problem copying file to desktop - System has file Open?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem copying file to desktop - System has file Open?: I'm trying to copy a ripped movie file (iso) from my G drive to desktop. The file is 45GB. It gets to 99% then a message comes up saying the process can't complete because the System has the file open. I have nothing running and can't find anything where the System is...
  10. copied file has no file type

in Windows 10 Support
    copied file has no file type: Hello can someone tell me how to add the file type to a file? I copied 2 video files from my samsung galaxy onto my dell PC but when I open properties beside file type it just says file instead of mp4 which I know they are because I made the videos. Im assuming the solution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windoes event manager tell you when a file or folder was copied?