Windows 10: Definition Update for Windows

Discus and support Definition Update for Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help to resolve the following failed update: Definition Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.299.687.0) Failed to install on 7/28/2019 (2019... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillyS8, Jul 28, 2019.

1. BillyS8 Win User

Definition Update for Windows

I need help to resolve the following failed update:

Definition Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.299.687.0)

Failed to install on 7/28/2019 (2019 - 0x80240006

Device Specifications

Inspiron 24-5459

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700T CPU 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Pen and Touch: Touch support with 10 touch points

Windows specifications

Edition: Windows Home

Version: 1903

Installed on: 7/3/2019

OS build: 18362.267

:)

BillyS8, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Milton Win User

definition update for windows denfender antivirus

Hi mknic,
    I have literally just installed the definition update KB2267602 without any problem. I suggest as a first step checking all the Windows Defender settings to make sure they all have the 'green ticks' in each section.

Definition Update for Windows [​IMG]

ps. The only reason the 'Family Options' is not ticked is because I am the only user on my computer.

I also would suggest running the 'Troubleshoot' feature in the Update & Security settings which has a section dealing with update problems.

Definition Update for Windows [​IMG]

Milton, Jul 28, 2019
  3. FredWall Win User
    Windows Defender Definition Updates.

Thank you Elba for the prompt reply. However, there is a problem: In "Control Panel" under the "Programs and Features" page > "View Installed Updates" the " Windows Defender Definition Updates" are NOT listed. Consequently, I cannot delete/uninstall them.
    The same thing happens when I use "Settings" >" Updates & Security" > "View Update History". Here the Definition Updates are all listed but I can't uninstall them either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Fred

FredWall, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Definition Update for Windows

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.259.206.0) - Error 0x80070643

Hi,

Error 0x80070643 is can be caused by Windows update problem. We suggest that you try
    to manually install the definitions. Check this
    link
    for the steps. Please go through the section: Manually download and install the definitions.

Feel free to update with the results.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Definition Update for Windows

1. Definition Update for Windows - Similar Threads - Definition Update

2. After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely: After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely, now my Windows don't even start normally as usual...
  3. After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely: After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely, now my Windows don't even start normally as usual...
  4. Intel High Definition DSP - No Audio Device installed after updating to latest Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel High Definition DSP - No Audio Device installed after updating to latest Windows 11: i just updated to the latest version of windows 11 on my Lenovo T14s Type 20T0, 20T1 Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20T1 and it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-high-definition-dsp-no-audio-device/b30bbf4a-7154-4c93-a9e0-94b3a3806388
  5. Intel High Definition DSP - No Audio Device installed after updating to latest Windows 11

Intel High Definition DSP - No Audio Device installed after updating to latest Windows 11: i just updated to the latest version of windows 11 on my Lenovo T14s Type 20T0, 20T1 Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20T1 and it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-high-definition-dsp-no-audio-device/b30bbf4a-7154-4c93-a9e0-94b3a3806388
  6. After updating Intel High Definition DSP my 3.5mm speakers no longer work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating Intel High Definition DSP my 3.5mm speakers no longer work.: I have a Lenovo T15g Gen 1 ThinkPad - Type 20UR, running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit. I used AVG Driver Updater. One of the drivers it said needed updating was Intel High Definition DSP. After it updated and I rebooted, the external speakers connected via a 3.5mm jack were no...
  7. After updating Intel High Definition DSP my 3.5mm speakers no longer work.

After updating Intel High Definition DSP my 3.5mm speakers no longer work.: I have a Lenovo T15g Gen 1 ThinkPad - Type 20UR, running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit. I used AVG Driver Updater. One of the drivers it said needed updating was Intel High Definition DSP. After it updated and I rebooted, the external speakers connected via a 3.5mm jack were no...
  8. Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...: Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft defender -2145124330? I have uninstalled apps to make room for updates and still getting the same error. My laptop is out of date and will not update to Windows 11 so is there a fix for my...
  9. Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...: Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft defender -2145124330? I have uninstalled apps to make room for updates and still getting the same error. My laptop is out of date and will not update to Windows 11 so is there a fix for my...
  10. Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...