Windows 10: Definition update once more broke my computer

Discus and support Definition update once more broke my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tonight before going to bed I turn on my Dell. It had been running smoothly since I had to do an fresh last week. I got all the Windows and email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gator4814, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Gator4814 Win User

Definition update once more broke my computer

Tonight before going to bed I turn on my Dell. It had been running smoothly since I had to do an fresh last week. I got all the Windows and email options set but I'm not going to waste my time to reinstalling apps until Dell survives enough definition updates without killing the OS. I saw that no definition updates were installed on turn on. Went to check Windows update, and it install an definition. Immediate an blue screen were collecting data stood at zero. Turn it off and on and screen ok but no mouse or keyboard. Turn it off and on once more and it came up. Like to do an restore but afraid to until I know PC wouldn't go down during the process. I just can't seeing setting up another PC for the sixth time this year since 1803. Why can't Microsoft fixed this definition update problems. Has the programming staff been replace or has management fire these people.

:)

Gator4814, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Milton Win User

definition update for windows denfender antivirus

Hi mknic,
    I have literally just installed the definition update KB2267602 without any problem. I suggest as a first step checking all the Windows Defender settings to make sure they all have the 'green ticks' in each section.

Definition update once more broke my computer [​IMG]

ps. The only reason the 'Family Options' is not ticked is because I am the only user on my computer.

I also would suggest running the 'Troubleshoot' feature in the Update & Security settings which has a section dealing with update problems.

Definition update once more broke my computer [​IMG]

Milton, Feb 5, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Definition update once more broke my computer

I don't have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec Driver installed on my computer

Hi,

If you want to have the high definition audio codec driver on your computer, we suggest updating your sound driver. Follow the steps below to update sound driver.

• On Start menu and type
      Device Manager
      and press enter.
    • Click Sound, video, and game controllers.
    • Right-click IDT High definition audio codec and
      Update driver.
    • If there are no update available, reinstall the driver by clicking Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

We also suggest updating the chipset driver from your manufacturer's website. Click
    here and
    follow the steps provided to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Definition update once more broke my computer

1. Definition update once more broke my computer - Similar Threads - Definition update once

2. Windows update broke my computer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my computer!: Hi, I just updated Windows 10 and now I can't click on apps, the start menu or anything else. No error message. My desktop keep flashing off about every 5 seconds and stops my typing on here. How can I fix this or get rid of this update? Please help...
  3. Windows update broke my computer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broke my computer!: Hi, I just updated Windows 10 and now I can't click on apps, the start menu or anything else. No error message. My desktop keep flashing off about every 5 seconds and stops my typing on here. How can I fix this or get rid of this update? Please help...
  4. Recent update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update broke my computer: A week or so ago, I updated windows with the most recent update. The next day I turn it on to use it and it started up fine, got to the login screen fine but when I logged in my desktop was gone, all I had was the tool bar on the bottom. When I would scroll my mouse down to...
  5. Update 1903 broke my computer

Update 1903 broke my computer: Got forced into this horrid update last night when I shut my desktop off. Came home from work today with the expectation of being able to relax and unwind only to find that i can't. My computer won't boot up. First, it took forever, which I expected after an update. After...
  6. Latest update broke my computer

Latest update broke my computer: Within the last week or so I installed the latest Windows updates to my laptop. As I was finishing up my usage of the laptop I chose the "Install updates and shut down" option on my computer and let it do it's thing. A few days later I started it up and it indicated it was...
  7. Updates installing more than once

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates installing more than once: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just realized that KB4023057 has installed itself 3 times--November and December, 2018, and January 2019. KB4100347 has installed twice: once on January 29 and again today. Why would that be? 126628
  8. Fall update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall update broke my computer: Tiêu Chuẩn Chọn Mua Giấy Dán Kính Chống Nắng Cách Nhiệt Nhiều người hiện nay nghe nhiều đến cái tên phim cách nhiệt. Tuy nhiên họ lại không biết nên chọn mua phim cách nhiệt tại đâu để đảm bảo chất lượng và an toàn. Vì vậy giấy dán kính chống nắng tphcm hôm nay sẽ bật mí cho...
  9. Update installs more then once

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update installs more then once: Hello, Well, its again some update issue,same update installed 3 times, as on attached screenshot. As far as I can remember the dates, several times tried to uninstall (not succesfully) the "Mixed Reality Portal", then I was asked to restart computer to finish, "Windows is...
  10. Fall update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall update broke my computer: Hi everyone, a bit desperate here. I installed that Fall update last night and thought my computer was a bit slower than usual so i cancelled it and got back to my original build. Now my computer is all messed up. Launch programs won't launch, i can't launch any program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4023057 installed multiple times