Windows 10: definition updating

Discus and support definition updating in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; can't update the definition... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JosephNavarroza, Sep 3, 2018.

1. definition updating

can't update the definition

:)

JosephNavarroza, Sep 3, 2018
  2. FredWall Win User

Windows Defender Definition Updates.

Thank you Elba for the prompt reply. However, there is a problem: In "Control Panel" under the "Programs and Features" page > "View Installed Updates" the " Windows Defender Definition Updates" are NOT listed. Consequently, I cannot delete/uninstall them.
    The same thing happens when I use "Settings" >" Updates & Security" > "View Update History". Here the Definition Updates are all listed but I can't uninstall them either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Fred

FredWall, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.259.206.0) - Error 0x80070643

Hi,

Error 0x80070643 is can be caused by Windows update problem. We suggest that you try
    to manually install the definitions. Check this
    link
    for the steps. Please go through the section: Manually download and install the definitions.

Feel free to update with the results.

Rachelle Gra, Sep 3, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

definition updating

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond definition updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

definition updating

1. definition updating - Similar Threads - definition updating

2. After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely: After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely, now my Windows don't even start normally as usual...
  3. After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely: After some "update execution" not by me, my internet connection was cancelled definitely, now my Windows don't even start normally as usual...
  4. Intel High Definition DSP - No Audio Device installed after updating to latest Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel High Definition DSP - No Audio Device installed after updating to latest Windows 11: i just updated to the latest version of windows 11 on my Lenovo T14s Type 20T0, 20T1 Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20T1 and it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-high-definition-dsp-no-audio-device/b30bbf4a-7154-4c93-a9e0-94b3a3806388
  5. Intel High Definition DSP - No Audio Device installed after updating to latest Windows 11

Intel High Definition DSP - No Audio Device installed after updating to latest Windows 11: i just updated to the latest version of windows 11 on my Lenovo T14s Type 20T0, 20T1 Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20T1 and it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-high-definition-dsp-no-audio-device/b30bbf4a-7154-4c93-a9e0-94b3a3806388
  6. After updating Intel High Definition DSP my 3.5mm speakers no longer work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating Intel High Definition DSP my 3.5mm speakers no longer work.: I have a Lenovo T15g Gen 1 ThinkPad - Type 20UR, running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit. I used AVG Driver Updater. One of the drivers it said needed updating was Intel High Definition DSP. After it updated and I rebooted, the external speakers connected via a 3.5mm jack were no...
  7. After updating Intel High Definition DSP my 3.5mm speakers no longer work.

After updating Intel High Definition DSP my 3.5mm speakers no longer work.: I have a Lenovo T15g Gen 1 ThinkPad - Type 20UR, running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit. I used AVG Driver Updater. One of the drivers it said needed updating was Intel High Definition DSP. After it updated and I rebooted, the external speakers connected via a 3.5mm jack were no...
  8. Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...: Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft defender -2145124330? I have uninstalled apps to make room for updates and still getting the same error. My laptop is out of date and will not update to Windows 11 so is there a fix for my...
  9. Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...: Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft defender -2145124330? I have uninstalled apps to make room for updates and still getting the same error. My laptop is out of date and will not update to Windows 11 so is there a fix for my...
  10. Why do I keep getting an error code for protection definition update failed Microsoft...