Windows 10: Definitive answers? Do they exist- Possibly... Synctoy for Windows 10

Discus and support Definitive answers? Do they exist- Possibly... Synctoy for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All I found synctoy on win7 easy to use and suited me fine. Now I have win 10 on 64 bit machine with windows pro. I would like to locally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PHastings1, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Definitive answers? Do they exist- Possibly... Synctoy for Windows 10

Hello All

I found synctoy on win7 easy to use and suited me fine.

Now I have win 10 on 64 bit machine with windows pro.

I would like to locally sync files, without uploading to some mothership server.

Looking at MS answers, I see a panoply of answers to this question.

Could anyone tell me where to go/ who to ask to find a definitive answer?

To MS

1) Can I use SyncToy 2.1 with Win10.

2) If not, do you recommend/ provide an alternative for locally syncing files and folders on Win 10?

To Users

3) if ms shoots blanks on these, is there consensus on a good simple synctoy-like programme which works on win 10?

Thanks to all.

For MS and other IT cos

At a press conference, the CEO of ford who'd presented a shiny set of profit growth data for analysts and journalists was asked a question: With IT becoming an ever more present feature of life, do you see a tie up with an IT co in the future?

The CEO mulled the question for a minute and answered. Possibly, but for now I'm not sure our customers are ready to have their car stop mid commute on cold wet morning in rush hour, side in the central lane of the freeway for half an hour before having to turn the engine off and on a few times before being able to continue their commute. Nor do I think they'd appreciate having to learn how to drive again every few years. Customers time is a productivity cost.

:)

PHastings1, Dec 15, 2019

2. Synctoy

Hi Kevin,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you using a 32bit or 64bit system? On the Start menu, type System, and then hit Enter.
    • Are you getting any error messages before the SyncToy application hangs?
    • Has the SyncToy application in Windows 10 ever worked before?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Downloading Synctoy for windows 10

Not helpful. Anyone that has any knowledge about Microsoft should answer this question without messing around. As an outsider all I can see is that SyncToy isn't supported in Windows 10, so no point in sending people on a wild goose chase. What would be
    good is to provide a link to software that does something similar.

Steve Putman1, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Definitive answers? Do they exist- Possibly... Synctoy for Windows 10

Downloading Synctoy for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Issues related to SyncToy are support in the SyncToy forum. I suggest you to post the query in the following link for better assistance.

Microsoft forums - SyncFx - SyncToy-File Synchronization

Hope this information helps.

Geethu B, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Definitive answers? Do they exist- Possibly... Synctoy for Windows 10

1. Definitive answers? Do they exist- Possibly... Synctoy for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Definitive answers exist

2. Windows 11 and SyncToy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and SyncToy?: I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I would like to continue to use SyncToy. Can I download a working version somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-and-synctoy/f3676ba5-f434-4c6b-a9dc-31e846f8f00c
  3. SyncToy and Windows 11

SyncToy and Windows 11: Trying to install SyncToy on my new Win 11 PC.Downloaded SyncToySetupPackage_V21_x64. When it runs it tells me it needs .NET Framework 2.0.5727!This version of .NET no longer supported.Is there a way round this? I have seen that others run SyncToy on Win 11. Maybe a different...
  4. Synctoy

Synctoy: How to download synctoy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/cf793a4b-08c6-4a41-94c9-b7c47234a029
  5. where to download SyncToy for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where to download SyncToy for Windows 10: hi all, could someone help me finding where to download SyncToy for Windows 10? the link i could find in the community does not work anymore. in case SyncToy is not available anymore could you suggest me any othe tool Microsoft certified with same funtions?thanks in advance....
  6. SyncToy problems

SyncToy problems: I've recently bought a new PC, running Windows 10, which is up-to-date, version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685). In the past I've used SyncToy to backup files, but I can't get this to install on my new PC. When I try to install SyncToy, I get this message: "This setup requires the...
  7. Looking for a definitive answer to fix windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for a definitive answer to fix windows 10 pro: Is there a way to FIX windows 10 Pro and/or the boot and recovery partitions if they get messed up due to my own tinkering, or someone else. WITHOUT having to reinstall Windows and ALL my programs. A lot of my programs I got for free and legally from the companies who made...
  8. SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10

SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10: Mine seems to grossly not work. In theory once you do a sync, sync should work both ways. I COPIED a large folder where all my working documents are kept, to an external drive for backup purposes. When I went to use Synctoy from original to copy, Synctoy wanted to delete...
  9. SyncToy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SyncToy: why is it not working on Windows 10 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/f806d2ba-05fa-4d61-a200-bdcec8c97551
  10. SyncToy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SyncToy: Is SyncToy reliable in Win 10? I f so how to run it in the best way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/9ce6c645-16a4-4289-bed1-eda5ae2eecbc