Windows 10: Defrag Bug

Discus and support Defrag Bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone have any idea how to prevent Windows from doing it? Do i just go here and disable "Scheduled optimization" on all drives? I have 2 SSDs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/swagduck69, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Defrag Bug

Does anyone have any idea how to prevent Windows from doing it? Do i just go here and disable "Scheduled optimization" on all drives? I have 2 SSDs (one M.2 NVME, one SATA) and 1 HDD. An update released yesterday, perhaps that fixed it? How often do i need to trim my SSDs and defrag my HDD manually?

submitted by /u/swagduck69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/swagduck69, Jul 18, 2020

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jul 18, 2020
  3. defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Defrag Bug

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Defrag Bug

1. Defrag Bug - Similar Threads - Defrag Bug

2. Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?: Hello.See the screenshot below. I just want to see *my drives* not sub-partitions or the like.Something is just not right here. Happens on all Windows 11 installations. Why?This problem has been around for quite awhile. When will it be fixed or is there a workaround?Many...
  3. Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?: Hello.See the screenshot below. I just want to see *my drives* not sub-partitions or the like.Something is just not right here. Happens on all Windows 11 installations. Why?This problem has been arorund for quite awhile. When will it be fixed or is there a workaround?Many...
  4. W10 Trimming/defragging at the same time with only 1 SSD?Bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Trimming/defragging at the same time with only 1 SSD?Bug?: [ATTACH] 1 2 3 Noticed my pc "optimized my pc" but is this supposed to be normal?Are you supposed to get both confirmations when I only have 1 main SSD? submitted by /u/wiseude [link] [comments]...
  5. 20H2 Defrag Bug.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    20H2 Defrag Bug.: Defrag bug is still not fixed when scheduled defrag is used and I have a hard drive.I thought MS fixed it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-defrag-bug/13d0fd18-7c04-43a6-94e4-fc1ba0038789
  6. The Optimization Memory Bug is fixed, but Auto maintenance still tries to Defrag SSD.

The Optimization Memory Bug is fixed, but Auto maintenance still tries to Defrag SSD.: Just caught auto maintenance trying to Defrag it not Trim, Defrag... Might want to keep auto optimization turned off. Unless it has always done that before this bug. submitted by /u/Codeboy3423 [link] [comments]...
  7. Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10 bug that breaks drive defrag tool

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10 bug that breaks drive defrag tool: Over time, a drive (both SSD and HDD) can begin to operate with less efficiency. To speed up your drive, Windows 10 allows you to defrag and optimize it using a built-in tool called ‘Drive Optimize’. The Optimize Drives window presents a list of all of the drives in your...
  8. Anyone else got this bug? I defrag almost 2-3 times a week and it still says this.

Anyone else got this bug? I defrag almost 2-3 times a week and it still says this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/l34df4rm3r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ias40l/anyone_else_got_this_bug_i_defrag_almost_23_times/
  9. Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?: Is the bug that was defragging SSD too often in May 2020 update gone now ? I need to clean install my system so I'm wondering if it's the time to upgrade too from 1909 to 2004. This particular bug concerns me. submitted by /u/demaniax_99 [link] [comments]...
  10. Defragment tool bugged?

Defragment tool bugged?: I just checked the Defragmentation tool randomly and saw that the "Last analyzed or optimized" row says "Never run", even though back when I upgraded to Windows 10 5 months ago I've scheduled it to run weekly. I've checked it again 2 months ago and it was working fine, and so...