Windows 10: defrag issue

Discus and support defrag issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 [64K] defrag shows that C is ok but that that the system hard drive needs defragmentation: The optimize button doesn't correct anything for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Henry Lesil, Jun 10, 2021.

1. defrag issue

Windows 10 [64K] defrag shows that C is ok but that that the system hard drive needs defragmentation: The optimize button doesn't correct anything for the system drive. Counsel anyone?

:)

Henry Lesil, Jun 10, 2021

2. defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jun 10, 2021
  4. defrag issue

defrag

Hi Kim,

It is important to use an administrator account because standard account holders
    cannot defrag the hard disk drive. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Are you using the administrator account on your computer or a Microsoft/guest account?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Since you've mentioned that it refuses to defrag, can you please provide us with a screenshot of it? You may refer to this

link
      on how to include a screenshot in your post.

Moreover, we recommend that you use the administrator account registered on your computer the defrag it. To optimize them:

• Select the search bar on the taskbar and enter defrag.

• Select Defragment and Optimize Drives.

defrag issue ee353fc9-cd9e-4635-b255-8b796f80c528-en.png

• Select the disk drive you want to optimize.

• Select the Optimize button.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

defrag issue

1. defrag issue - Similar Threads - defrag issue

2. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  3. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  4. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SSD defrag issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD defrag issue?: I'm using Auslogic Disk Defrag 9 I have an M2 SSD and have set 'Use only SSD defragmentation' and 'Use the TRIM feature' The analysis shows the drive as 17% defragmented but when I run the optimisation it finishes OK but the still shows 17% defragmented Am I missing...
  6. SSD writing and defrag/trim issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD writing and defrag/trim issue: [ATTACH] Recently about 2 weeks ago I bought a 256 GB SSD and did a clean install on it. Is 327 GB of writes is normal? Does the auto optimization play the role here? I read somewhere that Windows actually "trims" not defrags the SSD. One weird thing is the program doesn't...
  7. Has the Windows 10 2004 Defrag/Trim issue been resolved yet?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Has the Windows 10 2004 Defrag/Trim issue been resolved yet?: Hi. I purchased an HP Desktop with an SSD drive (1st SSD drive I've had. I haven't set it up yet as I want to use it as a replacement if my current Desktop fails (it's very healthy right now). I got a good buy on the new pc which had very good reviews so I went for it. (I...
  8. (Build 2004) Has Microsoft fixed the SSD Defrag Issue Yet?

(Build 2004) Has Microsoft fixed the SSD Defrag Issue Yet?: Have Microsoft not fixed this issue yet? It's been a month and I still have that box that optimises my SSD unchecked, just incase. submitted by /u/M_A99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmasm5/build_2004_has_microsoft_fixed_the_ssd_defrag/
  9. Win10 2004,SSD Defrag issue

Win10 2004,SSD Defrag issue: Hi I need a bit of help here. I saw this video on Youtube and I found he was talking about the latest version of Windows 10, 2004 which has the problem of defragmentation which as according to him is dangerous and might shorten the life of SSD drives installed. I also have...
  10. need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10: will run defrag but after running and rebooting the computer it will show [ATTACH]o any help will be appreciated to get it fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-defrag-and-optimize-issue-in-win-10/984b71c4-4219-4bff-9b30-03c6c7ae6463