Windows 10: Defrag, shut down

Discus and support Defrag, shut down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently downloaded the Auslogics Disk Defrag program, and I don't know how I should shut my pc down. When I close out of the program, it asks me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nadia Dias1, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Defrag, shut down

I recently downloaded the Auslogics Disk Defrag program, and I don't know how I should shut my pc down. When I close out of the program, it asks me to either completely close it or have it running in the background. Is it ok to have it running in the background while I close it? or should I completely close out of the program before I shut it down. I am just a little on edge becasue I recently had to repair my hardrive due to improper ways of shutting down. I want to make sure I am doing it right this time. Please help.

:)

Nadia Dias1, Jul 28, 2022

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jul 28, 2022
  3. defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 28, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Defrag, shut down

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

Defrag, shut down

1. Defrag, shut down - Similar Threads - Defrag shut down

2. Shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shut down: Recently, my laptop's screen showed glitches, not knowing it was due to driver updates, i resetted the pc as i have been planning to do since it was running slowly, it went ok, but whislt reinstalling windows, it was stuck at 0% and i didn't want to leave it on for the whole...
  3. Defrag, shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defrag, shut down: I recently downloaded the Auslogics Disk Defrag program, and I don't know how I should shut my pc down. When I close out of the program, it asks me to either completely close it or have it running in the background. Is it ok to have it running in the background while I close...
  4. Defrag, shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defrag, shut down: I recently downloaded the Auslogics Disk Defrag program, and I don't know how I should shut my pc down. When I close out of the program, it asks me to either completely close it or have it running in the background. Is it ok to have it running in the background while I close...
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  7. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"
  9. shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    shut down: My laptop is not shutting down nor the cursor is moving from its place. Task manager is also not opening now how should I shut down 69273
  10. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut Down: When I boot win 10 it runs for a few minutes then shuts down. No BOSD. Reboot & everything is OK! I can press & hold the start button until the light goes out & reboot again & again, but if a shut for a long period it happens again! One of the fixes is to run a command...