Windows 10: defrag won't start tasksheduler not start

Discus and support defrag won't start tasksheduler not start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when i look by services task sheduler is start automatically and defrag won't start because the task sheduler is not start and i can't change it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by glda19, Dec 14, 2017.

1. glda19 Win User

defrag won't start tasksheduler not start

when i look by services task sheduler is start automatically
    and defrag won't start because the task sheduler is not start and i can't change it is grey

:)

glda19, Dec 14, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Defragmentation stuck at 4%

Don't worry about it.

100% defragmented is ephemeral. As soon as you start using the computer/drive files will start to fragment again.

There can be a couple of reasons why those files won't defrag:

* those files are currently open by a program, often windows itself

* those files don't qualify to be defragged (defrag programs have criteria/exceptions)

Rohn007, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Defragmentation stuck at 4%

I defragmented the original (Cdefrag won't start tasksheduler not start :) drive. Sorry for my lack of specification.

MetalheadGamer9, Dec 14, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Go in Disk Management, right click on drive you want to defrag, select properties, in the tools tab, optimize and defrag... *Nerd

dmholt57, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Try to run this as admin in CMD
    Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction" /v "Enable" /t REG_SZ /d "y" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OptimalLayout" /v "EnableAutoLayout" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Defrag\ScheduledDefrag" /Enable sc config defragsvc start= demand[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. defrag won't start tasksheduler not start - Similar Threads - defrag won't start

2. Onedrive Won't Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive Won't Start: I recently ran into an issue where OneDrive 22.033.0213.0002 would not start. When i would manually run Onedrive Onedrive and Onedrive for business icons would not show up in the system tray or task manager. Using the Onedrive /reset command did not fix the issue.Doing an...
  3. Screensaver won't start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver won't start: I'm on desktop PC. My screensaver won't start after set period of time. I recently used 3rd party screensaver program (called League Display) but it's uninstalled now. I'm not 100% sure if that was the cause or not but I'm suspecting it. Here's what I've tried so far: Reboot...
  4. Origin won't start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Origin won't start?: I have the problem that EA Origin does not start. Since an update failed installation the client does not start anymore. And I have really tried everything. Windows restarted, Origin Temporary Folders deleted, Origin reinstalled, program started in Admin Mode, compatibility...
  5. PC won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't start: PC won't restart having switch the power off when a DVD stopped responding. Expected to have a message improper shut down instead the message is windows.com stop code Critical process died. Have tried troubleshooting nothing works I thought the easiest thing would be system...
  6. Games won't start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Games won't start: When I try to launch the games, I get Steam wanting to run initial setup, which starts with downloading DirectX. This runs for a bit and then disappears. Afterthis there is no indication the game is trying to launch. I have tried to run DXSETUP.exe but it fails to complete...
  7. Computer won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't start: HI My new Dell all in one Computer froze. I set a restore point right out of the box and I also made a system image usb as I have had problems before. I tried system restore ,did not work, tried booting from the usb don't really know how, tried just about all the options in...
  8. defender won't start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender won't start: A friend asked me to check his antivirus, defender will not start no matter what I do, I have followed many suggestions as to how to get it to start, none worked. He had newest version 1709, he did have webroot and took it out so defender should start, it will not, it says...
  9. Defragment Drives (dfrgui.exe) won't start after 1703 Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragment Drives (dfrgui.exe) won't start after 1703 Update: Defrag and Optimization (e.g. c:\windows\system32\dfgui.exe) will not start after update to Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.423). It Is not shown in service.msc. Can anyone confirm this behavior. I have attempted to run it manually from cmd.exe and it simply does nothing. I have...
  10. Start starts slow, Search, Cortana Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Start starts slow, Search, Cortana Won't Start: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586] So apparently after a recent "update" (let it be known I don't like the Win 10 lack of update control) The Start opens slowly (click once and wait 2 seconds), Search (Magnifying Glass) does not launch and Cortana from the Menu...