Windows 10: Defraging a remote hard drive

Discus and support Defraging a remote hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After optimizing the remote hard drive, I get a prompt saying that it "needs optimization 17% fragmented."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by William Zeigler, May 22, 2020.

1. Defraging a remote hard drive

After optimizing the remote hard drive, I get a prompt saying that it "needs optimization 17% fragmented."

:)

William Zeigler, May 22, 2020

2. Hard Drive Defragmenting

What is the best program for Hard Drive defragmenting?

Polaris573, May 22, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 22, 2020
  4. Defraging a remote hard drive

Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Defraging a remote hard drive

1. Defraging a remote hard drive - Similar Threads - Defraging remote hard

2. Defraging drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defraging drive: I have Norton Utilities and have their optimizing operation as part of my normal maintenance process. I also use the Windows 10 Optimizing utility Properties/Tools/Optimize. My question is why there is such a difference in the results? I see a fragmention of 5+% in Windows 10...
  3. Why is Defrag Trying to Trim a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is Defrag Trying to Trim a Hard Drive: I keep getting the error below that the hard drives in my desktop PC cannot be trimmed. The disks are recognised as hard drives and are being defragged on schedule. What's going on and is there a way of resetting defrag to stop this behaviour? 178416
  4. Defragmenting drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defragmenting drive: So I opened the defragmenting app but it says my drives cannot be optimized, does anyone know why the drive cannot be optimized? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-drive/7fb54b9b-2e60-4c28-bbd0-5a3cd276c6d2
  5. Hard Drive Defrag . . .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Defrag . . .: My computer is, a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro . . . I want, to clean up, my hard drive. I think, it's known as "Defrag"? I'm not, sure why? But, my computer is running very, slowly. I hope, after cleaning up my, hard drive. It, will run faster? I typed into, my...
  6. how can defrag hard drive?

how can defrag hard drive?: need help I don't know how it's done in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-defrag-hard-drive/3c6ada84-f066-404b-a7be-0463d568e606
  7. remote hard drive access

remote hard drive access: Hello; I replaced a hard drive in a laptop with a SSD cloned, it works fine. Bought a case for the drive removed, but when I connect it via usb, the drive powers up, and I get the icon showing a usb connection, but the drive doesn't show up in the tree. I left the...
  8. How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?

How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?: How to defragment my hard drive in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-defrag-my-hard-drive-in-windows-10/a3a96022-8baa-4767-8c3e-8de4bd09af4c
  9. want to Defragment my Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    want to Defragment my Hard Drive: want to Defragment my Hard Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-defragment-my-hard-drive/9edb1c7c-1092-4789-84b2-8a1c526cbfcd
  10. Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?: I have this SSD hard drive: Samsung SSD 650 Series 2.5" SATA 120GB | for Business Do I need to defrag it? If so, what do I use to defrag it and how often? 27676