Windows 10: defraging

Discus and support defraging in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; were I find download for defragging laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defraging/6806d2b6-23eb-4065-bd91-8689786fbb81" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlieBiggins, Nov 20, 2019.

1. defraging

were I find download for defragging laptop

:)

CharlieBiggins, Nov 20, 2019

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Nov 20, 2019
  3. defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

defraging

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

defraging

1. defraging - Similar Threads - defraging

2. Defrag a SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defrag a SSD: I have been told by Norton it is safe to use the defrag tool that is built into Windows even on a SSD. I was very worried about it because I have damaged a SSD before by defragmenting it. I used a third party tool then though. Has Norton lied to me about this. I had paid for...
  3. Defrag a SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defrag a SSD: I have been told by Norton it is safe to use the defrag tool that is built into Windows even on a SSD. I was very worried about it because I have damaged a SSD before by defragmenting it. I used a third party tool then though. Has Norton lied to me about this. I had paid for...
  4. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  5. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  6. Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...: Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a restart after 5 min. Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performed-a-successful-defrag-of-windows-11-c/fc7d26ca-9682-4d41-b82e-d1547bdaf648
  7. Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...

Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...: Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a restart after 5 min. Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performed-a-successful-defrag-of-windows-11-c/fc7d26ca-9682-4d41-b82e-d1547bdaf648
  8. Defrag runs constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defrag runs constantly: Win10 64. Defrag runs constantly, grinding away at my hard drives for no reason. The both drives are 0% fragmented, except for system reserved files which are 40% fragmented and defrag will not touch them. The Defrag is OFF, how do I stop the system running defrag every time...
  9. Defrag runs constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defrag runs constantly: Win10 64. Defrag runs constantly, grinding away at my hard drives for no reason. The both drives are 0% fragmented, except for system reserved files which are 40% fragmented and defrag will not touch them. The Defrag is OFF, how do I stop the system running defrag every time...
  10. Defrag runs constantly