Windows 10: Defragment and Disk Clean Up

Discus and support Defragment and Disk Clean Up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I work from home, my system is starting to run slow and have issues. I am wanting to di a defragment and a disk clean up but when doing these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ASpeas, Oct 14, 2020.

1. ASpeas Win User

Defragment and Disk Clean Up

Hello,

I work from home, my system is starting to run slow and have issues. I am wanting to di a defragment and a disk clean up but when doing these i want to make sure it is not going to clear the cache or cookies as i have to get approval for some sites and want to be able to start work right away woth out those. Ps i clear those every two weeks

Thanks for the help

:)

ASpeas, Oct 14, 2020
  2. Adityar Win User

DRIVE ? in disk defragmented after clean install

thank you I was a little calm after knowing it. I did some clean install to solve it. but I already have recovery partition. and what drives do I have \? \\ because it looks like drive recovery on the disk defrag list
    ? Sorry for my bad english

Adityar, Oct 14, 2020
  3. disk defragmenting

Sign in to your Windows 10 computer with an administrator account. It is important to use an administrator account because standard account holders cannot defrag the hard disk drive.

Click the Start button.

From the left pane of the Start menu, click File Explorer.

On the opened window, from the navigation pane in the left, expand the This PC tree.

From the expanded list, right-click Local Disk (C: ) or any other partition on which Windows 10 is installed.

From the context menu, click Properties.

On the opened Local Disk (C: ) Properties box, go to the Tools tab.

From the displayed interface, under the Optimize and defragment drive section, click the Optimize button.

On the Optimize Drives box, from the displayed list, ensure that the system drive (C: in this example) is selected.

Click the Analyze button from below the list.

Wait until Windows completes the analysis and displays the percentage of the fragmented files in the selected drive.

Note: If there are no fragmented files in the drive, Windows displays a message box stating that the disk does not need to be defragmented.

After Windows completes the analysis, click the Optimize button to start the defragmentation process on the selected volume.

Wait until Windows defragments the drive successfully, restart the PC, and start using Windows 10 normally.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Disc clean up and defrag

Hi Mia,

If you want to run disc clean up on your computer, you would need to do it manually.

Here is the link to the steps:
    Disk Cleanup in Windows 10

To defrag the files, please check out this link:
    Defragmenting Files

We're here for any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Defragment and Disk Clean Up - Similar Threads - Defragment Disk Clean

2. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  3. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  4. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  5. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  6. Disk clean up

7. Clean up disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724
  8. Clean up disk

Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724
  9. defrag disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    defrag disk: How do I run the disk defrag program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defrag-disk/b78f7054-39ca-4eae-824e-6be83cdfd2c4
  10. DRIVE ? in disk defragmented after clean install

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    DRIVE ? in disk defragmented after clean install: [img] how to deleted a drive ?? please help 97306