Windows 10: Defragment and Optimization Tool

Discus and support Defragment and Optimization Tool in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since update to Version 2004, each and any time the Windows Tool to Defragment and Optimize the Hard Drive, I receive an Event Error Message, Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andy Asmussen, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Defragment and Optimization Tool

Since update to Version 2004, each and any time the Windows Tool to Defragment and Optimize the Hard Drive, I receive an Event Error Message, Event 264, " The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on OS C: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002A .

Since a hard drive will often show a need for defragmentation and optimization when this tool is used beyond 2%, especially after updates and deletion of programs...etc, am I hurting my Hard Drive by using the Defragmentation and Optimization Tool, since this update? Nothing was changed with the Windows Optimization Tool in the update Version 2004 ?, and using the tool when Version 1909 was installed, showed a completion of the Optimization process of 100%, and no Event Error being recorded. Please advise when you have time.

Thank you, Andy Asmussen

:)

Andy Asmussen, Aug 1, 2020

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Aug 1, 2020
  3. defrag and optimize drives

When I go to defrag & optimize drives one of the drives that is listed as "needs optimization" (12% fragmented) is listed as //?/Volume(a27a9b76-0000-0000-0000-40d6e5000000)/ Can I or should I ignore this?

GaryEdelstein, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Defragment and Optimization Tool

Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Defragment and Optimization Tool

1. Defragment and Optimization Tool - Similar Threads - Defragment Optimization Tool

2. Defragment & Optimize Drives not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defragment & Optimize Drives not working: Hi all,I tried to optimize my C drive tonight, but the Defragment & Optimize Drives UI program wouldn't start. I tried the command line version by running defrag c: /U /V and nothing happened. There's no error. After doing some research, I found out there should be an...
  3. Optimize and Defragment Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize and Defragment Drives: Doing a little system upkeep, like Disc Cleanup, but when I do the Optimize and Defragment Drives, Iobit Advanced system care comes up and does the scan. Is that OK, or should I Exit it, and have the regular scan go?...
  4. Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C: Drive C no longer appears in the Defragmenting and Optimizing Drives App? I only see the Recovery Image. How do I add Drive C back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-and-optimizing-drive-c/c54cedb5-7c13-435b-80b6-5c4419421de6
  5. Incorrect German translation in dfrgui.exe Drive Optimization/Defrag tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect German translation in dfrgui.exe Drive Optimization/Defrag tool: There is an incorrect Translation in the defrag tool dfrgui.exe using German as language. This also affects older Windows Versions. The English text is for example: "Pass 3: 75% fragmentation." In German language settings it says: "Erfolgreich 3: 75% fragmentation", but...
  6. SSD optimize and defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD optimize and defrag: There is a place to set optimize and defrag on or off and to schedule if you wish. However, I have read that Windows does this itself in its own way. So should I turn mine off or leave it set to a month? 130044
  7. Optimize and Defrag Schedule issue

Optimize and Defrag Schedule issue: So i have had this to TRIM my SSD weekly it as such it is scheduled as such [img] Problem being it has NEVER did this weekly daily automatically I will randomly check this and it will say 20 ~40 days since last trim cause that how long it is before i actual check......
  8. Defrag and Optimize

Defrag and Optimize: What is a good optimizer with W10. Thanks 39959
  9. Defragment and Optimize C drive

Defragment and Optimize C drive: I can not get my C drive to optimize. It stays stuck on 6%. I have tried it 5 times and still will not go to O% optimized. [img] 104256
  10. Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!

Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!: I really think MS should come up with a better way to put these two Disk Defragmenting and Optimizing into they're own seperate location that is meant for the different drive that users have on they're computer like put the Disk Defragmantation in the Hard disk drive location...