Windows 10: Defragment tool bugged?

Discus and support Defragment tool bugged? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just checked the Defragmentation tool randomly and saw that the "Last analyzed or optimized" row says "Never run", even though back when I upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/b0ssjack97, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Defragment tool bugged?

I just checked the Defragmentation tool randomly and saw that the "Last analyzed or optimized" row says "Never run", even though back when I upgraded to Windows 10 5 months ago I've scheduled it to run weekly. I've checked it again 2 months ago and it was working fine, and so I think to myself that the defragment tool is working just fine. Last 2 weeks I decided to check again and it says "Never run", so I rescheduled it. And now here I am, still says that "Never run".

I've actually searched about this the first time I encountered this and seems that other people are having problems with this as well. Right now I just manually ran the tool and it seems to be working just fine. It recorded the date and time that I analyzed the disk. I'll check back again after a few weeks or so and see if it will auto analyze by itself or will it say "never run" again.

I just want to know if other people are still experiencing this, or is there actually a fix for this (aside from reinstalling Windows 10).

submitted by /u/b0ssjack97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/b0ssjack97, Jul 29, 2020

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jul 29, 2020
  3. defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Defragment tool bugged?

Defragment tool

After updating Windows 10 about three weeks ago my defragment program no longer works, you can click on each disc and it appears to run but does not defragment the disc is at the same level of fragmentation as before.

There is a small section on my C drive which I think may be some part of recovery which is very fragmented but the defragment tool just refuses to work on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures ***

Mike Devon, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Defragment tool bugged?

1. Defragment tool bugged? - Similar Threads - Defragment tool bugged

2. Defragment Tool and Thin Provisioned Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragment Tool and Thin Provisioned Drive: Hi All, I have an iSCSI Disk and media type is thin provisioned disk. I tried to perform defrag.exe d: /a, but it will show the error message like below, The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002A I...
  3. 20H2 Defrag Bug.

20H2 Defrag Bug.: Defrag bug is still not fixed when scheduled defrag is used and I have a hard drive.I thought MS fixed it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-defrag-bug/13d0fd18-7c04-43a6-94e4-fc1ba0038789
  4. Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10 bug that breaks drive defrag tool

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10 bug that breaks drive defrag tool: Over time, a drive (both SSD and HDD) can begin to operate with less efficiency. To speed up your drive, Windows 10 allows you to defrag and optimize it using a built-in tool called ‘Drive Optimize’. The Optimize Drives window presents a list of all of the drives in your...
  5. Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?: Is the bug that was defragging SSD too often in May 2020 update gone now ? I need to clean install my system so I'm wondering if it's the time to upgrade too from 1909 to 2004. This particular bug concerns me. submitted by /u/demaniax_99 [link] [comments]...
  6. Defragment and Optimization Tool

Defragment and Optimization Tool: Since update to Version 2004, each and any time the Windows Tool to Defragment and Optimize the Hard Drive, I receive an Event Error Message, Event 264, " The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on OS C: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware...
  7. Defrag Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defrag Bug: Does anyone have any idea how to prevent Windows from doing it? Do i just go here and disable "Scheduled optimization" on all drives? I have 2 SSDs (one M.2 NVME, one SATA) and 1 HDD. An update released yesterday, perhaps that fixed it? How often do i need to trim my SSDs and...
  8. Windows 10 2004 - Defrag/Trim Bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 2004 - Defrag/Trim Bug: Hello everybody, Windows 10 2004 still has the bug, that the data about the time of the last operation and the current status are not saved. In some forums I have read, that therefore the planned optimization should be disabled, otherwise Windows would run it after every...
  9. Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug: Hi all I've just completed the Windows 10 2004 upgrade and I have noticed 2 issues. 1. When I manually trim my SSD in the drive defrag/optimize tool in windows and I reboot it says 'never optimized' when i go back. I heard this was a bug in insider preview which they...
  10. 2004 New Bug - Defrag now forgets days since defrag - Always sez Needs Defrag - Well done!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2004 New Bug - Defrag now forgets days since defrag - Always sez Needs Defrag - Well done!: Subject sez it all -- What changed? Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2004-new-bug-defrag-now-forgets-days-since-defrag/725bb7e8-84e8-4396-a2d3-74bafb6660c8