Windows 10: Defragmentation needs Optimization on Windows 10-2004 feature update

Discus and support Defragmentation needs Optimization on Windows 10-2004 feature update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Running the latest version of W10-2004. And under defrag; it indicates that i need to optimize every day!! this is not good i should not need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by crcarazo, Jun 24, 2020.

1. crcarazo Win User

Defragmentation needs Optimization on Windows 10-2004 feature update

Running the latest version of W10-2004. And under defrag; it indicates that i need to optimize every day!! this is not good i should not need to optimize every day. Someone please advise. Thank you

:)

crcarazo, Jun 24, 2020

2. Disk optimization and defragmentation

Hi,

It is basically the same thing.

Microsoft decided to change the name.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/3064207/speed-up-your-computer

Defragment your hard disk

One of the best ways to help improve your device’s performance is
    by optimizing the hard drive
    . Optimize Drives, previously known as Disk Defragmenter, is a Windows feature that helps optimize different types of drives. The feature runs automatically on a weekly schedule, but you can
    also run Optimize Drives manually

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Disk optimization and defragmentation

Is disk optimization and defragmentation the same thing? And if not what is the difference?

KaylaStonewulf, Jun 24, 2020
  4. JosephHW Win User

Turn Off Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

You have been wonderfully helpful. Thank you! I, too, have been researching deeply into the matter. At least on my system, the Windows Defragment and Optimize falsely identifies my C drive as "HDD". At first, I did manually run the process and observed
    EXACTLY what I know through the years as defragmentation, not optimization, not TRIM. As I mentioned, the RAID manufacturer also confirmed Windows cannot optimize the array, they are keenly aware of this limitation, and they suggested the alternative of formatting,
    after a period of time. Take care!

JosephHW, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Defragmentation needs Optimization on Windows 10-2004 feature update - Similar Threads - Defragmentation needs Optimization

2. Feature update to windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature update to windows 10 2004: This update taking anyone else forever to do? submitted by /u/destinylover184 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqo13u/feature_update_to_windows_10_2004/
  3. Disabling SSD Scheduled optimization Defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling SSD Scheduled optimization Defragmentation: I've read that one of the hints to increase the SSD's lifespan and to prevent losing data is through: Optimize Drives / Scheduled optimization / Off Disable. Is that true? Can disabling the scheduled optimization frequency e.g. weekly prevent early damage of SSD? What...
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update 2004: I have installed and then had to uninstall Version 2004 at least 3 times because of all the problems it caused to my PC. When will it be safe to install Version 2004. Surely Microsoft has had enough time now to rectify problems which are causing so many problems for countless...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Feature Update 2004: So my brother got updated to 2004 yesterday and had issues with certain software he uses. He used the 'Go back to the previous version of Windows 10' in Windows settings>Update & Security>Recovery but now the 2004 feature update is pending restart. Is there anyway to prevent...
  6. windows 10 update feature 2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 update feature 2004: My system just finished updating to the new 2004 feature and the 2004 feature is not showing in the windows update history , it also did a update for adobe flash and it does show, does anyone know why the feature update does not show in history yet? I do know that when Edge...
  7. 2004 UPDATE - Optimize NOT working

in Windows 10 Customization
    2004 UPDATE - Optimize NOT working: Since 2004 Update last week... the "Optimize" does NOT seem to working properly. Yes it seems to run and put the date BUT the next day it says "Needs Optimization" and Optimize was NEVER RUN. 2 snips below show that optimize today. NEVER RUN when I ran it yesterday. And...
  8. Turn Off Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Off Drive Optimization/Defragmentation: I need to turn completely turn off drive optimization. In "Optimize Drive" I did turn off scheduled optimization. Even so, optimization/defragmentation WAS performed, anyway. I have assumed this is due to "Automatic Maintenance", and a search showed me how to make a...
  9. Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation: Hello, all. I'm having an issue where I can't defragment/optimize my hard drive. I am able to successfully initiate the defragementation/optimization process from the built-in defragmenter program, but when it finishes I still see the "Needs Optimization" message, as if...
  10. Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop

Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, kindly help me and me to do cleaning, optimization, defragmentation, system operating performance of the laptop. Mention that stand between 1-2 minutes to open a page on Google and partitions in My document. Wait for response! A great day!...