Windows 10: Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it?

Discus and support Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run Drobo device that is a multi-drive storage device. My internal hard drives (SSD and standard) are set to defrag on a schedule but I disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TimothyBrouillard, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it?

I run Drobo device that is a multi-drive storage device. My internal hard drives (SSD and standard) are set to defrag on a schedule but I disabled automatical defrag feature for new drives.

But I see that these drives are automatically defragged several times a year and I found out that everything that was unchecked is now checked. Please, recommend how to fix it because defrag on Drobo can cause a lot of issues.

:)

TimothyBrouillard, Dec 12, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 12, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it?

Questions related to defragmentation

Hello Bookum,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will help you out with the queries regarding disk defragmentation.

Defragmentation will work even if the computer goes to sleep mode.

However, if you face any issue, you can change the sleep mode time.

Follow the steps below:

• Type "power options" in start menu and select Power options.
    • Select "Change plan settings" next to "Balanced".
    • Change the time for sleep mode.

And, if you interrupt the defragmentation in between, the defragmentation will start from first when you perform again.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it?

1. Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it? - Similar Threads - Defragmentation starts working

2. My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.: I decided to scan my HDD for fragmented files. The results were.. 50% of the files were fragmented! I used an app called O&O Defrag. After an 1 hour long defragmentation, I restarted my laptop and instead of getting a boost in performance, my system started working extremely...
  3. My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.: I decided to scan my HDD for fragmented files. The results were.. 50% of the files were fragmented! I used an app called O&O Defrag. After an 1 hour long defragmentation, I restarted my laptop and instead of getting a boost in performance, my system started working extremely...
  4. My laptop started working slower after defragmentation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defragmenter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defragmenter not working: When using defragmenter, States drive is 48% fragmented. I click on defragment drive, it reanalyzes drive, states it is 48% fragmented and needs to be defragmented, then does nothing. How do I get it to defragment this drive?...
  6. Defragmenter not working

Defragmenter not working: When using defragmenter, States drive is 48% fragmented. I click on defragment drive, it reanalyzes drive, states it is 48% fragmented and needs to be defragmented, then does nothing. How do I get it to defragment this drive?...
  7. Defragmenter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defragmenter not working: hi, does anyone know how to fix this? the defrag is not working through the defrag function and not working through cmd. i have also tried to scan disk and there are no issues....
  8. Defragmenter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragmenter not working: hi, does anyone know how to fix this? the defrag is not working through the defrag function and not working through cmd. i have also tried to scan disk and there are no issues....
  9. Defragmenter not working

10. Can I Stop automatic updating/restarting?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Stop automatic updating/restarting?: I am having issues when the pc is turned on/booted, it gets stuck before windows loads. Sometimes it gets stuck showing "i-obit defrag" at startup. I have uninstalled the i-obit software; but, this defrag at startup is still active. Because of this, it takes me multiple tries...