Windows 10: Defragmenting drive

Discus and support Defragmenting drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I opened the defragmenting app but it says my drives cannot be optimized, does anyone know why the drive cannot be optimized?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexWeston2, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Defragmenting drive

So I opened the defragmenting app but it says my drives cannot be optimized, does anyone know why the drive cannot be optimized?

:)

AlexWeston2, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Defragmenting drive

defragment an external drive.

I have a drive that lists as a portable drive in computer management. It does not show up on list when I try to defrag it. I believe it is because it's listed as a portable device. How can I get it to defrag without losing all the data on the drive?

top down@-40, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Defragmenting drive

1. Defragmenting drive - Similar Threads - Defragmenting drive

2. How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to defragment Hard Drive using Batch file in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Windows 11 or Windows 10 ships with a Defragmentation tool. This tool is basic and does not offer features that you may need – an example of such a feature is, defragging multiple drives at once. In this post, we will show you how to defragment Hard Drive(s) using...
  3. C drive disappeared from disk defragment and showing error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive disappeared from disk defragment and showing error: C drive is missing from Disk defragment and keeps showing errors again and again. I installed a new window but this didn't solve the problem. It asks me to repair on restart but when I restart it, Windows starts without repair. My applications specially browser isnt even...
  4. Can't defrag System drive, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't defrag System drive, Windows 10: My PC is running slowly and buffering very frequently during videos, so I did disk clean, made sure all extraneous programs were removed etc. It hardly made any difference to the available memory etc. My defrag is set to weekly but I tried to run a defrag/Optimize and was...
  5. Why is Defrag Trying to Trim a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is Defrag Trying to Trim a Hard Drive: I keep getting the error below that the hard drives in my desktop PC cannot be trimmed. The disks are recognised as hard drives and are being defragged on schedule. What's going on and is there a way of resetting defrag to stop this behaviour? 178416
  6. antivirus scan faster and are better with defragged drive or updated drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    antivirus scan faster and are better with defragged drive or updated drivers: antivirus scan faster and are better with defragged drive or updated drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-scan-faster-and-are-better-with/91f11a1b-de52-4268-9c0a-bc0767476c0a
  7. [19042.868] Optimize and Defragment drives no longer functional

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [19042.868] Optimize and Defragment drives no longer functional: Ever since early March, the Optimize and Defragment drives program no longer opens, or even makes the attempt to. I have tried to open this through the Properties menu for the disk itself, I also tried opening the "dfrgui.exe" within System32, and even tired launching it with...
  8. Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C: Drive C no longer appears in the Defragmenting and Optimizing Drives App? I only see the Recovery Image. How do I add Drive C back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-and-optimizing-drive-c/c54cedb5-7c13-435b-80b6-5c4419421de6
  9. Should I defragment on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I defragment on SSD drive: Will defragmenting shorten ssd service life? Should I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-defragment-on-ssd-drive/a42de2e2-2b7c-40af-98ae-a3ba3f0ef83b
  10. Defragment Tool and Thin Provisioned Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragment Tool and Thin Provisioned Drive: Hi All, I have an iSCSI Disk and media type is thin provisioned disk. I tried to perform defrag.exe d: /a, but it will show the error message like below, The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002A I...