Windows 10: Defragmenting drive

Discus and support Defragmenting drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I opened the defragmenting app but it says my drives cannot be optimized, does anyone know why the drive cannot be optimized?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexWeston2, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Defragmenting drive

So I opened the defragmenting app but it says my drives cannot be optimized, does anyone know why the drive cannot be optimized?

:)

AlexWeston2, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Defragmenting drive

defragment an external drive.

I have a drive that lists as a portable drive in computer management. It does not show up on list when I try to defrag it. I believe it is because it's listed as a portable device. How can I get it to defrag without losing all the data on the drive?

top down@-40, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Defragmenting drive

1. Defragmenting drive - Similar Threads - Defragmenting drive

2. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  3. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  4. Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...: Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a restart after 5 min. Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performed-a-successful-defrag-of-windows-11-c/fc7d26ca-9682-4d41-b82e-d1547bdaf648
  5. Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...

Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...: Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a restart after 5 min. Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performed-a-successful-defrag-of-windows-11-c/fc7d26ca-9682-4d41-b82e-d1547bdaf648
  6. How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?: Lately I have been experiencing trouble with my D drive. Some programs installed have not been working. I decided to run an Error Check on my D drive to see if there were any problems. Unfortunately, the problem was unresolved, and I encountered a new problem. Every time I...
  7. How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?: Lately I have been experiencing trouble with my D drive. Some programs installed have not been working. I decided to run an Error Check on my D drive to see if there were any problems. Unfortunately, the problem was unresolved, and I encountered a new problem. Every time I...
  8. How do I get my D drive to be listed on Defragment and Optimize Drives?

9. Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives Delete or Impact My Music...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives Delete or Impact My Music...: As the title states: Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives delete or impact my music files and folders and any other personal files and folders? I assume the answer is "No." But just to be safe, I thought I would ask. I am currently doing some checks...
  10. Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives Delete or Impact My Music...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives Delete or Impact My Music...: As the title states: Does Windows 10 Disk Clean Up or Defragment and Optimize Drives delete or impact my music files and folders and any other personal files and folders? I assume the answer is "No." But just to be safe, I thought I would ask. I am currently doing some checks...