Windows 10: Defualt settings keep resetting to default....

Discus and support Defualt settings keep resetting to default.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I utilize Adobe Acrobat on a daily basis... more along the lines of around 100+ times a day, I'm opening PDF docs. Originally, Microsoft Edge was set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PhillipД, Jul 17, 2018.

1. PhillipД Win User

Defualt settings keep resetting to default....

I utilize Adobe Acrobat on a daily basis... more along the lines of around 100+ times a day, I'm opening PDF docs. Originally, Microsoft Edge was set for the default PDF viewer and web browser. I've gone into default setting and I've changed my PDF viewer to Adobe and Firefox as my internet browser. But for some reason, about every other day or so, both programs default back to Microsoft Edge. Heck, I've even defaulted my music player to Window Media player and that keeps defaulting to Power Media for Dell PC.

Secondly, I'm a creature of habit, so I utilize quick links like it's going out of business. I've got my programs 'pinned' to my Toolbar and others 'pinned' to the windows start menu block-things and programs 'pinned' to my Quick Access tab. But for some odd reason, every thing disappeared and defaulting to factory standard.

Is there any kind of programing needed to keep things from defaulting back to factory standard?

Defualt settings keep resetting to default.... fb7ef8a7-bc4f-44b8-84ad-ac5bc7cd3d2e?upload=true.png Defualt settings keep resetting to default.... 6e279b3d-20b4-4ef4-a691-f4e12cc652a3?upload=true.png

Any advise is greatly accepted!

:)

PhillipД, Jul 17, 2018

2. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 17, 2018
  3. FAXA Win User
    Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

4. Defualt settings keep resetting to default....

How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Defualt settings keep resetting to default.... ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Defualt settings keep resetting to default....

1. Defualt settings keep resetting to default.... - Similar Threads - Defualt settings keep

2. Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default: Hello,Whenever I restart my computer, the taskbar setting to "Automatically hide the taskbar" resets and defaults to off, and requires manually turning it back on. It is quite frustrating. I have looked for an answer but have not found one that was referring to Windows 11 and...
  3. Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default: Hello,Whenever I restart my computer, the taskbar setting to "Automatically hide the taskbar" resets and defaults to off, and requires manually turning it back on. It is quite frustrating. I have looked for an answer but have not found one that was referring to Windows 11 and...
  4. Set and Keep default APP

Set and Keep default APP: If I try to open a .txt file, I get [img] If I do this, [img] It works. If I try again using any other .txt file or the same one, I get my first image again. If I do the same using a .ZIP file the same happens. 164262
  5. Default printer keeps resetting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default printer keeps resetting?: Sometimes after being the client of a Webex session, the default printer will switch to Webex Document Loader. If you delete Webex Document Loader, it will come back after the next session. If you assign the default printer again, it will reassign back to Webex Document...
  6. Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults: Hello! Specs: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version: 1809 Language: JA So, I am working with a Japanese language system, and settings such as the privacy settings, lock screen settings etc. keep resetting EVERY FEW HOURS! I am completely baffled by this behavior and...
  7. A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default

A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default: There is a Service where I need the Log On property changed to "Local System account" with the allow service to interact with desktop checked. This is required for a program that needs to be run that connects to an external device. After some time it changes back to the...
  8. Default Apps Keep Resetting

Default Apps Keep Resetting: Hi All This is driving me mental. I have the latest, updated, version of Windows 10 and am on a new i7 with 32GB RAM etc. I keep changing my default apps in Window 10 and they keep getting reset… here are some of the examples: .pdf from IE to Acrobat .html from IE to...
  9. change defualt

change defualt: I can't figure out how to change my default back to firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-defualt/254017a2-9d78-4a02-a473-b77cbe475c9f
  10. Edge Resets to default settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Resets to default settings: Edge resets to default setting after every W10 update. Can MS stop this please ? Favourites are gone, I have to run xcopy to add back. Google search is no longer the default search provider. It also offers to remember password which I disabled. Regards 41036