Windows 10: Defunct Printer Removal

Discus and support Defunct Printer Removal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Curious Problem...... I have Epson printer which has/had an very long name. Reduced it to exact model rather than series of models. Now, opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by majestic100, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Defunct Printer Removal

Curious Problem......

I have Epson printer which has/had an very long name. Reduced it to exact model rather than series of models.

Now, opening up Word to print a document, I see the 'original name' printer with the comment "Delete: 1 document waiting".

The 'new name' printer is also shown. I can select and print no problem.

In Settings/Devices & Printers, I removed 'new name' printer and selected 'Add a Printer'. This found originally long winded 'original name' printer except now it added 'Copy 1'.

Word now shows both printer options: 'original name' and 'original name Copy 1' Note: Devices & Printers only shows 'original name Copy 1' only

I can print if 'original name Copy 1' is selected. If I select 'original name'; the one with the comment "Delete: 1 document waiting", I I receive a Word 2010 error window stating 'Windows cannot print due to error with current print setup'

Is there any way of removing this erroneous printer without resorting uninstalling printer ??? Control panel shows 9 associated programs!!

:)

majestic100, Mar 21, 2021

2. Hp 3520 printer can't remove

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can uninstall the printer software from your system:

Step 1: Remove the printer from the devices list.

Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows
    Devices and Printers.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.

• Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Right-click the printer icon (
      Defunct Printer Removal c01514371.gif
      ) for your printer, and then click
      Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

• If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Step 2: Locating the List of Installed Printer Drivers and removing them.

Follow the steps below:

1. Select Device and Printers
    from Control Panel.

2. Click one time on the printer which you want to uninstall, then click the
    Print Server Properties button in the horizontal blue bar at the top of the window.

3. Click the
    Drivers
    tab at the top of this window.

4. click the old printer driver you want to remove, then click the
    Remove button at the bottom of the window.

5. Click the option to the left of
    Remove driver and driver package, then click the OK button.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

It is normal to get a code like that for two-step verification.

You should be seeing this below from the link I posted above after signing in with your Microsoft account.

This is where you can manage your aliases for your Microsoft account.

Defunct Printer Removal [​IMG]

Brink, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Defunct Printer Removal

Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Defunct Printer Removal

1. Defunct Printer Removal - Similar Threads - Defunct Printer Removal

2. CANNOT remove a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT remove a printer: Hi,After encountering a printing problem Printer Error, I decided to remove the printer and reinstall it.From Windows I selected my printer and choose remove. Windows reponded showing "Removing Printer".After multiples restart, Windows still indicates "Removing Printer" and I...
  3. Cannot remove printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove printer: Windows 11The HP Laserjet Pro cannot connect to the scanner. There are some printers that were badly installed. The goal is to remove several printers.Here is an example of the instructions I find:But when the dialog is displayed, there is no Remove option. None.What are...
  4. Cannot remove printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove printer: Windows 11The HP Laserjet Pro cannot connect to the scanner. There are some printers that were badly installed. The goal is to remove several printers.Here is an example of the instructions I find:But when the dialog is displayed, there is no Remove option. None.What are...
  5. Remove defunct MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove defunct MS account: Hi - My Windows 10 setup is linked to an account associated with an old email that doesn't exist anymore. I can't remember the password, so I can't get into it. But it's the administrator account so it seems I can't do anything without accessing it. I did manage to close...
  6. How to remove a printer - without removing ALL printers!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove a printer - without removing ALL printers!: I have a printer. I have 3 different versions of the same printer - intentional. Like on is USB and another prints with specific settings. I tried installing another printer. I was having trouble and tried installing manually. I had the printer drivers. I had to choose...
  7. How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove defunct Email Address from Account: Unsure where to post this so I have defaulted to here. Up until 29th March this year I was with a different ISP to what I have now. Associated with my Windows 10 Account I have a defunct Email Address. I have added the Email Address from my new ISP but cannot remove the old...
  8. Remove and retrieve a Printer

Remove and retrieve a Printer: I recently removed a printer by mistake from Control Panel - Devices and Printers on windows 10 - can anyone tell me how to get it back. bc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-and-retrieve-a-printer/8b264abe-e084-40ea-8817-b589189d55aa
  9. Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.: I am unable to remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail, the email account is no longer valid so I could not log in if I did have the password. Windows 10 keeps insisting that I log in, but that account does not exist any longer. How can I detach it...
  10. Removing Printer Drivers

Removing Printer Drivers: One thing that has always aggravated me about Windows is the difficulty of deleting printer driver packages. After I remove a printer, I open Print Management with admin credentials and remove the corresponding driver packages. I just find that to be a good maintenance...