Windows 10: Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10

Discus and support Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Dell desktop PC w/ Windows 10 has runs slower and slower, until I have to reboot. The reboot is required at least once per day. This never used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DF_Barnett, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10

My Dell desktop PC w/ Windows 10 has runs slower and slower, until I have to reboot. The reboot

is required at least once per day. This never used to be the case. It began happening about a month ago.

I checked the memory w/ the Windows memory analyzer, which showed no problems. I also used MemTest86,

a more thorough memory diagnostic I am told. It also showed no errors. I ran the Windows System Troubleshooting

tools. They showed no problems. I ran the Dell SupportAssist tool. It had no effect. I ran AV scans with Norton AV and

Malwarebytes. They had no effect.

When I run the Task Manager I see nothing unusual. The highest category of resource utilization is Memory, which runs at 45 - 50% normally.

At this point I'm stumped. Right after a reboot the system runs perfectly. Within a few hours it starts slowing down.

By the end of the day, or the next morning latest it is unusable. It takes several minutes for a web page to open or to

get my e-mail.

The system is maybe 5 years old. XPS 8700

OS Windows 10 Home 8809 installed on 05/29/2019 build 177763.1158

7.95 GB installed RAM

So, any ideas what might be causing this problem? What additional diagnostics I can run?

Thanks for your help.

:)

DF_Barnett, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    Startup performance degradation...

There's an app on my system that causes startup performance degradation:

Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10 [​IMG]

The file name in the event viewer is "Devic" and in details tab, the folder name displayed as "C:\Devic". This performance degradation does not happen every day and presumably, during the other days the start up is normal.

The issue is that there's no such file or folder name on my system. Neither the file search with Windows Explorer/TreeSize, nor registry search, running both standard and admin account could find it.

Windows Explorer is set to show hidden items, but beyond that, I don't know how to find these files and folders. Are there other ways to find these items on the system?

TIA...

Cr00zng, Apr 27, 2020
  4. pranav19 Win User

Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10

GPS performance degraded ol of a sudden.

It's not even a month when i got lumia 920, its gps isn't able to catch direction as it used to when it's new, its performance degraded ol of a sudden since 2 days, wat can be the reason, please suggest as GPS is very important for me.

pranav19, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10

1. Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Degraded Performance

2. Degraded Performance of MS Access Runtime Application after January 2024 Patch Release

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Degraded Performance of MS Access Runtime Application after January 2024 Patch Release: We have an application we distribute using the MS Access Runtime for Office 365 as a front-end application connecting to a MS-SQL backend Database. Since the patch release on Tuesday, we are seeing a growing number of customers experiencing serious performance issues. Using...
  3. Degraded Performance of MS Access Runtime Application after January 2024 Patch Release

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Degraded Performance of MS Access Runtime Application after January 2024 Patch Release: We have an application we distribute using the MS Access Runtime for Office 365 as a front-end application connecting to a MS-SQL backend Database. Since the patch release on Tuesday, we are seeing a growing number of customers experiencing serious performance issues. Using...
  4. Why does upgrading to W11 from W10 degrade startup performance significantly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does upgrading to W11 from W10 degrade startup performance significantly?: On an Acer laptop, I upgraded to W11 from W10 after several "suggestion" messages from Microsoft to do that. Big mistake. Bootup now takes significantly longer as well as intermittent sluggishness on the internet. Sorry I upgraded. Is there any easy fix to this?...
  5. Why does upgrading to W11 from W10 degrade startup performance significantly?

Why does upgrading to W11 from W10 degrade startup performance significantly?: On an Acer laptop, I upgraded to W11 from W10 after several "suggestion" messages from Microsoft to do that. Big mistake. Bootup now takes significantly longer as well as intermittent sluggishness on the internet. Sorry I upgraded. Is there any easy fix to this?...
  6. Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance: Hello,I ran into big problems when performing the simplest operation that worked just fine 20 years ago.I wanted just to find .pdf files in folders/subfolders of a particular folder. For that I just taped .pdf in search field.Althought it contained quite a lot of folders, it...
  7. Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance

Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance: Hello,I ran into big problems when performing the simplest operation that worked just fine 20 years ago.I wanted just to find .pdf files in folders/subfolders of a particular folder. For that I just taped .pdf in search field.Althought it contained quite a lot of folders, it...
  8. Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows 11 degraded performance/ Will investigate for the community.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 degraded performance/ Will investigate for the community.: Hi, I have an HP Elitebook 840 G6. I have upgraded the RAM to 32GB PC4-32000, it has an NVME SSD drive Samsung EVO I believe. Worked fine on Windows 10, battery life was decent, and fans never blew that hard. After my upgrade, however; I have noticed significant delays with...
  10. Windows 11 degraded performance/ Will investigate for the community.

Windows 11 degraded performance/ Will investigate for the community.: Hi, I have an HP Elitebook 840 G6. I have upgraded the RAM to 32GB PC4-32000, it has an NVME SSD drive Samsung EVO I believe. Worked fine on Windows 10, battery life was decent, and fans never blew that hard. After my upgrade, however; I have noticed significant delays with...