Windows 10: Deinstallation of Windows 10 features

Discus and support Deinstallation of Windows 10 features in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After being fed up with windows 10 update problems, I have set up my two Windows 10 64 Bit systems recently without deinstalling any Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hans Petersen 24549, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Deinstallation of Windows 10 features

After being fed up with windows 10 update problems, I have set up my two Windows 10 64 Bit systems recently without deinstalling any Windows 10 features that you only able to deinstall by extern programms like CCleaner etc. or internally by Powershell.

When updating the systems I did not have any problems, rpt. any problems.
    Could it be that deinstalling Windows 10 features or useless apps is cutting so deep into the system, that updates can not be executed wihout problems ?
    Could it be that Microsoft has done this by purpose ?

Regards H.P.

:)

Hans Petersen 24549, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Why can't I deinstall the not / never needed Xbox, Cortana and OneDrive App from Windows 10

Hello,

I want to remove / deinstall the Xbox, Cortana and OneDrive App from Windows 10 from my business PC but in the "System\Apps & Features" dialog the Deinstall button is grayed out and OneDrive is not listed even in "Systemsteuerung\Alle Systemsteuerungselemente\Programme
    und Features".

Thanks for the help,

cpp-hacker, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Deinstallation of Windows 10 features

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Deinstallation of Windows 10 features

1. Deinstallation of Windows 10 features - Similar Threads - Deinstallation features

2. Trying to delete all the traces after incorrect deinstallation of SQL Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete all the traces after incorrect deinstallation of SQL Server: I tried to completely delete SQL Server and it didn't go well as after deinstallation I tried to reinstall it and failed. I get the same error every time.Here is what I found in the summary log:Configuration file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\160\Setup...
  3. Trying to delete all the traces after incorrect deinstallation of SQL Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to delete all the traces after incorrect deinstallation of SQL Server: I tried to completely delete SQL Server and it didn't go well as after deinstallation I tried to reinstall it and failed. I get the same error every time.Here is what I found in the summary log:Configuration file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\160\Setup...
  4. co-pilot Preview - just appeared on a Win 10 PC like a VIRUS - need to deinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    co-pilot Preview - just appeared on a Win 10 PC like a VIRUS - need to deinstall.: co-pilot PreviewWhy is software being installed WITHOUT permission to my Windows 10 PC? This is just like what VIRUSES and MALWARE do !!!Why is Microsoft following this principle and approach?Hiding the software is in no way of NOT removing it and therefore still scaping and...
  5. co-pilot Preview - just appeared on a Win 10 PC like a VIRUS - need to deinstall.

co-pilot Preview - just appeared on a Win 10 PC like a VIRUS - need to deinstall.: co-pilot PreviewWhy is software being installed WITHOUT permission to my Windows 10 PC? This is just like what VIRUSES and MALWARE do !!!Why is Microsoft following this principle and approach?Hiding the software is in no way of NOT removing it and therefore still scaping and...
  6. co-pilot Preview - just appeared on a Win 10 PC like a VIRUS - need to deinstall.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...: I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create a new folder on my pc. How to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deinstalled-one-drive-and-saved-all-my/a4225f1a-06b6-43cf-9d9e-add400ae1efc
  8. I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...

I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...: I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create a new folder on my pc. How to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deinstalled-one-drive-and-saved-all-my/a4225f1a-06b6-43cf-9d9e-add400ae1efc
  9. I have deinstalled One Drive and saved all my files, however, One Drive continues to create...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. After deinstaling linux drive D doesnt show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After deinstaling linux drive D doesnt show up: So, a few days ago i decided to try out linux, i didn't really liked it and decided to install windows back, i had a few issues but it was ok at the end of the day.Still, after a few hours i noticed that my D drive was missing, i think its because its not NFTS but still, i...