Windows 10: Dekstop screen showing incorrectly when Projector is connected

Discus and support Dekstop screen showing incorrectly when Projector is connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, please assist...I have inputed the VGA cable into my laptop it does pick up the 2nd screen but the resolutions are not the same and the projector... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PetuniaCele, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Dekstop screen showing incorrectly when Projector is connected

hi, please assist...I have inputed the VGA cable into my laptop it does pick up the 2nd screen but the resolutions are not the same and the projector screen only shows half of the desktop screen not full screen cos of different resolutions....I want both to be on 1920X1080

***Original title: Display settings***

:)

PetuniaCele, Sep 20, 2019

2. Black screen connecting projector through HDMI to VGA converter

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of the projector?

• Did you contact the projector manufacturer, as projector is only equipped with a VGA input?

• Have you follow the steps and suggestions provided previously?

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows in the future.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 20, 2019
  3. TIGR Win User
    Projector Screens

So I just got a projector. It's nothing special, just an old Dell 2300MP. I mainly got it because it was only a couple hundred bucks and the biggest screen I previously had to watch movies on is my 24" LCD. Now I'm trying to decide what to go with as far as a projector screen.

The previous owner recommended painting a bed sheet stretched over a wood frame. Hundreds of retailers and Ebay sellers have projector screens of incredible price variance, and even more web sites and forums have instructions for DIY screens. I've now read about more kinds of paint and materials than I previously knew to exist.

Finally, overwhelmed, flabbergasted, and with a slight headache, I decided to come and ask my good friends here at TPU. What do you guys suggest for a projector screen?

Things to be aware of:
    · a dark environment is available; this will be going in a basement room with no windows
    · I'm removing the wall paneling from where this is going an replacing it with sheetrock or whatever is recommended, if using the wall as the screen is suggested
    · current projector may be unimpressive, but may be replaced with something better/higher res later on, so I still want to do this as nicely as possible in my budget
    · my budget is only ~$100, but so other people can be helped by this topic as well, general advice and all ranges of projector screens are welcome
    · for the sake of room acoustics, I would prefer a screen that does not reflect a lot of sound, so some type of acoustically transparent surface (fabric) would be ideal, but I can work with anything (acoustic foam will be elsewhere in the room, amount and placement dependent on other factors including this screen)
    · due to room limitations I can only place the projector about 15' from the screen
    · for noise control, the projector (and computers) may be placed outside the room and project through a window—I'm open to suggestions on said window (plexiglass?)

All in all, I have found a lot of experience, insight, and knowledge resides here at TPU so I hope to get a good conversation going that will help others on this topic as well. I'll update this first post with the most useful info put forward in this thread.

4. Ralph Sta Win User

Dekstop screen showing incorrectly when Projector is connected

Video Error on Projector

Hi Adnan,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

For the meantime, we suggest you to update your drivers for your projector. You can get the drivers through
    Windows Update or through the manufacturer's website.

Ralph Sta, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Dekstop screen showing incorrectly when Projector is connected

1. Dekstop screen showing incorrectly when Projector is connected - Similar Threads - Dekstop screen showing

2. Unable to connect to wireless projector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to wireless projector: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 11 and I am unable to connect to my wireless projector. I can see the projector, and put the code in, and then it says connecting, but never connects. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Trouble connecting projector to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble connecting projector to laptop: I am running Windows 11 on a Dell XPS 15 9500. I have been unable to get the projectors at church to connect via a HDMI cable to my laptop. I connect my laptop to my TV wirelessly with a wireless HDMI device plugged into the TV. I've tried Windows Key + P and Windows Key + K...
  4. Projector Not Connecting to Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projector Not Connecting to Computer: My computer no longer recognizes my View Sonic projector. I suspect it's related to a Windows 10 update. I attempted to "roll back driver" in my device manager but it was greyed out. I am a "mature" woman old lady, and can't understand a techie answer. It has to be laid out...
  5. Projector Not Connecting to Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Projector Not Connecting to Computer: My computer no longer recognizes my View Sonic projector. I suspect it's related to a Windows 10 update. I attempted to "roll back driver" in my device manager but it was greyed out. I am a "mature" woman old lady, and can't understand a techie answer. It has to be laid out...
  6. Projector Not Connecting to Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Projector connecting difficulties

Projector connecting difficulties: Please i need help. My HP pentium R running current windows 10 can display on external projector on epson projector but does for other projectors.All suggestions are warmly welcomed...
  8. how to connect a projector

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to connect a projector: I want to connect a projector to watch movies, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-a-projector/79da0e66-d659-4008-b559-a075951f3801
  9. Connecting a projector to Windows 10

Connecting a projector to Windows 10: Hi, I'm trying to connect a projector, the Ragu Z400 Mini Projector, to my Windows 10 computer. Currently, I have 2 monitors; one is plugged into the displayport on my graphics card 1060 ti while the other is plugged into HDMI on the same graphics card. My projector can be...
  10. Connect PC to Projector

Connect PC to Projector: I need connecting my PC (Windows 10 Home edition) to Projector Notevision Sharp PG-M20X. I used Connecting to a Computer Using a DVI Cable (Sold Separately) This projector comes installed with a DVI digital input terminal in which computer digital image signals can be...