Windows 10: Dekstop windows manager High Ram Usage

Discus and support Dekstop windows manager High Ram Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why my dwm.exe use high memory ? before this i got it using 12gb of ram , how to fix it ? i've search on some forum but nothing happen[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Leysvee, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Leysvee Win User

Dekstop windows manager High Ram Usage

why my dwm.exe use high memory ? before this i got it using 12gb of ram , how to fix it ?
    i've search on some forum but nothing happen Dekstop windows manager High Ram Usage f2313081-49ab-429e-8f6c-674d3a4681c2?upload=true.png

:)

Leysvee, Nov 17, 2020

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 17, 2020
  3. AnthonyTraber, Nov 17, 2020
  4. GBCrosby Win User

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Dekstop windows manager High Ram Usage - Similar Threads - Dekstop manager High

2. desktop window manager high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop window manager high RAM usage: my pc is dell xps 15 updated to window 11. desktop window manager noted to have high RAM usage occasionally ranging from 3000 Mb to 10, 000 Mb please help...
  3. desktop window manager high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop window manager high RAM usage: my pc is dell xps 15 updated to window 11. desktop window manager noted to have high RAM usage occasionally ranging from 3000 Mb to 10, 000 Mb please help...
  4. Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage: Ever since I got a new monitor, desktop window manager reaches incredible RAM usage. I've seen it allocate 43gb of RAM and use 7.5gbI have 16gb of RAM. Desktop windows manager will slowly increase its RAM usage until I black screen and it gets reset. Does anyone have a fix...
  5. Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage: Ever since I got a new monitor, desktop window manager reaches incredible RAM usage. I've seen it allocate 43gb of RAM and use 7.5gbI have 16gb of RAM. Desktop windows manager will slowly increase its RAM usage until I black screen and it gets reset. Does anyone have a fix...
  6. High ram usage by Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High ram usage by Desktop Window Manager: For like past 2 months I am having this issue. Everytime i switch on my pc Desktop Window Manager initially has ram usage like 50-60 mb but it slowly rises upto 2.5 to 3 gb ram usage. To reduce this usage i have to restart my pc and then it only rises upto like 200 mb for...
  7. Desktop Window manager high RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window manager high RAM usage: Hi. Desktop window manager is using very high memory. I have tried reinstalling windows but it didn't help. Yesterday it was using 3GB memory and my PC became extremely slow, anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  8. high desktop windows manager ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high desktop windows manager ram usage: I checked my task manager, and my desktop window manager takes up over 1000 mb, about as much a fully fledged and heavy game, about as much as adobe, about as much as a browser with many atbs open, is that normal? if not how do i fix it? submitted by /u/danielis3 [link]...
  9. High ram usage by Desktop Window Manager

High ram usage by Desktop Window Manager: I have recently been noticing that the Desktop Window Manager has been taking up large amounts of memory, up to two gigs when I was watching it. My question is, why? I've never seen this process use so much memory before on any other computer I have used in the past. Is it...
  10. High RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager

High RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager: [ATTACH] Since last couple of months I have been experiencing high RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager (up to even 3 GB). Can someone please confirm if it is normal or should I worry about this case.I have my new laptop optimized and also the specs are pretty good (9750H,...