Windows 10: Del function doesn't work properly, it permanently delete files

Discus and support Del function doesn't work properly, it permanently delete files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I think from latest Win10 update I have a problem on my notebook OS but not on my desktop one. When I press DEL with a selected file, the OS on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Giuseppe Abagnale, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Del function doesn't work properly, it permanently delete files

Hi all,
    I think from latest Win10 update I have a problem on my notebook OS but not on my desktop one.
    When I press DEL with a selected file, the OS on my notebook ask me if I want to permanently delete that file; I can't just move it to bin.
    Same thing if I press right mouse button and then delete
    And the relative setting to permanently delete files is NOT enabled on Recycle Bin properties

It's probably a bug of Win10 Notebook version; is there any workaround?

Thank you

:)

Giuseppe Abagnale, Dec 21, 2019

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Dec 21, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Del function doesn't work properly, it permanently delete files [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Del function doesn't work properly, it permanently delete files

question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Del function doesn't work properly, it permanently delete files

1. Del function doesn't work properly, it permanently delete files - Similar Threads - Del function doesn't

2. Function keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys not working properly: My function keys aren't doing anything else but what they're supposed to do, which, I know sounds like the opposite of a problem, but it really isn't. I play a lot of computer games and all of them have uses for the fn keys. One, in particular, uses F2 to open settings. When...
  3. Windows key, setting, and delete function doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key, setting, and delete function doesn't work: This morning I open up my computer and do the usual like watch YouTube and using Facebook. After that I go to the setting and turn on my nightlight then, I download my code file from GitHub. when I tried to replace my old code with new code, I can't delete my old zip files...
  4. Permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently deleted files: Hello! First of all I'm really sorry if I'm asking too much of this and if the thread isn't really related to Windows 10, somehow I find it related because I want to use practically Windows 10 and another program or something for this job. And I know you guys are really the...
  5. Permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permanently deleted files: How do I restore permanently deleted files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-deleted-files/fe05149f-7bf6-4adc-8166-7220204885d8
  6. Not permanently deleting files

Not permanently deleting files: Whenever I delete a file on a networked drive, I am asked if I want to permanently delete the file. Is there anyway to delete a file on a networked drive and have it sent to the Recycle Bin (or some other user-defined or user-created file designated a "trash" file)?...
  7. Permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanently deleted files: I saw the administrator 'Document' displayed in the Quick Access of a guest account and at first tried to move the file back but the PC kept stating that the route was the original source. So I picked an item from the list, deleted it and checked back in the system's account...
  8. Usoclient scaninstallwait doesn't function properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Usoclient scaninstallwait doesn't function properly: Usoclient scaninstallwait doesn't function properly, its only checks for the updates in server and doesn't download,need cmd which downloads the update from update server...
  9. Permanently deleting files

Permanently deleting files: I have a computer that all of the User accounts are ONLY able to delete files permanently, not move them to the Recycle Bin. I have checked the Recycle Bin settings and they should allow the files to be moved to the Recycle Bin before they are deleted permanently, but the...
  10. "All Apps" function doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "All Apps" function doesn't work properly: I've had windows 10 for several months (previously had windows 7). Up until yesterday, when I clicked on "all apps" an alphabetical list would come up, I'd scroll to what I wanted, and click on it. If there was an item with a sublisting, like Microsoft office a down symbol...