Windows 10: Del key on numeric keyboard

Discus and support Del key on numeric keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new HP laptop using Windows 10. When using the numeric keyboard I keep on getting a full stop when trying to use the del key. Can someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ClaireMcDevitt, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Del key on numeric keyboard

I have a new HP laptop using Windows 10. When using the numeric keyboard I keep on getting a full stop when trying to use the del key. Can someone help me fix this?

Thanks

Claire McDevitt

:)

ClaireMcDevitt, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Ianhera Win User
    Mathematical keys on numeric pad on Microsoft keyboard no longer working.

The following keys do not work on the numeric pad: / * + -.

I replaced the keyboard and it made no difference. I had the drivers updated but it also made no difference.

I really hope somebody can suggest a solution.

Ianhera, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Del key on numeric keyboard

number two stuck on keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might be happening because of the faulty device.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model number of the device?
    4. Is this issue happening on Laptop or desktop keyboard?
    5. Which Operating system is installed on your device?

Step 1: If the issue is causing with the faulty driver, run the Hardware Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start.
    2. Search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
    3. Click on Keyboard and Run the troubleshooter.
    You may also refer the article to
    fix issues related to keyboard in Windows

Step 2: You can also try with “Onscreen keyboard” to check the working of numeric key.

1. Open run command (Windows and R key), type in
      OSK.

2. Use the numeric 2 and check the status.
    If the issue is only with the specific numeric key (Number 2), I suggest you to check with the manufacturer for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Del key on numeric keyboard

1. Del key on numeric keyboard - Similar Threads - Del key numeric

2. Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working: I don't know why but 6 keys in numeric pad are not working4,5,6,/,*,- please help me how to fix this issue thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-in-numeric-pad-are-not-working/d16f4d07-74d3-4854-994f-c64c42deda79
  3. Sculpt keyboard keys are typed numerous times as if key was stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sculpt keyboard keys are typed numerous times as if key was stuck: Quite often, but not always. Some of the keys when pressed type multiple characters in. So for example if i press 't' once i get tttttttttttttttttttt until another key is pressed. Have installed Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre. Bluetooth settings power options are...
  4. USB numeric keyboard

USB numeric keyboard: The num lock on the auxiliary numeric key board locks the alpha keyboard as well. Impossible to use on spreadsheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-numeric-keyboard/fa3a5b27-75ef-408e-b84b-a6fa6f0e2b8b
  5. numeric keyboard error

numeric keyboard error: since two weeks numeric keyboard showing error, when I type 7 it is type 79, also other numbers work same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keyboard-error/773ec80e-118d-4e32-b69b-9a57f05264c6
  6. Mathematical keys on numeric pad on Microsoft keyboard no longer working.

Mathematical keys on numeric pad on Microsoft keyboard no longer working.: The following keys do not work on the numeric pad: / * + -. I replaced the keyboard and it made no difference. I had the drivers updated but it also made no difference. I really hope somebody can suggest a solution....
  7. Keyboard Numeric Pad

Keyboard Numeric Pad: Numeric Key Pad does not work for Numbers and that is true for 5 different Keyboards attempted. Some Wireless and some tethered. Must be a Win 10 glitch. Any Solutions?...
  8. Numeric key board

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric key board: All of the sudden the numeric portion of my keyboard is not working. The number lock key IS on. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/numeric-key-board/ead474f8-ba3b-4c95-8fdc-d53a3b9b1bd2
  9. Numeric lock on HP keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric lock on HP keyboard: since I installed windows 10, every time I power-OFF, the number lock closes. That did not happen with Windows 7. At first, I activated the Num Lock every time I booted. Now, even when the Num Lock light is ON, the number pad is inactive. I wish to have the Num lock ON at all...
  10. Numeric Keyboard start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric Keyboard start up: Since last updates, two problems have occurred with Windows 10 on my laptop. 1. Numeric keyboard always opens now with 'num lock' not working. Before I wouldn't have to do anything, now I have to press it to get numbers to type 2. Random freezing while using Facebook....