Windows 10: delay getting to the main screen after initial boot-up

Discus and support delay getting to the main screen after initial boot-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; peace be with you. I recently set up myself so that I'm not required to enter in a pin or password when I'm using my laptop, but since I did that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ltj1975, Apr 19, 2020.

1. ltj1975 Win User

delay getting to the main screen after initial boot-up

peace be with you. I recently set up myself so that I'm not required to enter in a pin or password when I'm using my laptop, but since I did that windows? takes a longer time to go from the welcome greeting to the screen where I can start using my laptop. what I just described occurs after I turn the power on. can you assist me on how to make the delay time non-existent or shorter like it was before I set up that different kind of account

:)

ltj1975, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Derek12 Win User

Remove initial screen.

How can I remove the video card initial screen when booting. It delays for 7 seconds.

Nibitor doesn't seem to support this BIOS well

Thanks.

Derek12, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Remove initial screen.

To the best of my knowledge, you can't. The GPU's OPROM will always hijack the boot process. Some GPUs show it, some don't, but you don't have control over it because it's how the GPU initializes on boot. Some might not show it, but they all hijack the boot process in some way, shape, or form. It's similar to how a RAID OPROM will hijack your POST if you have RAID enabled.

Aquinus, Apr 19, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

delay getting to the main screen after initial boot-up [​IMG]

delay getting to the main screen after initial boot-up [​IMG]

zinou, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. delay getting to the main screen after initial boot-up - Similar Threads - delay getting main

2. Black screen after initial boot screen Windopws Server 2012R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after initial boot screen Windopws Server 2012R2: Hi all,So my AD had a black screen after a weekend.Ctrl-Alt-Del work and I can open task manager. ran a new task for explorer but I get "this PC" only.Everything works in the back end but no desktop. I have tried uninstalling updates but to no avail.sfc /scannow ran and...
  3. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  4. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  5. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Blue/Green Screen error after initial boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue/Green Screen error after initial boot: When I turn on my PC, I will get a blue screen after logging in to Windows. It doesn't matter if the PC is idle or I'm doing something, it'll Blue Screen after a minute or so with the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. When the computer restarts, it run just fine with no...
  7. Delayed "boot-up" on restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delayed "boot-up" on restart: Many times, not always when doing a restart or a start-up after a shutdown, after the "HP" logo comes up and the little dots spin circles for about 30 seconds the screen goes black and stays that way for an extended time. I can hear noise in the background like something is...
  8. Delays, mainly internet & file system (after reinstalling)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delays, mainly internet & file system (after reinstalling): Not long ago my Win10 box was so slow I added another 8gb of DDR3 RAM & Windows dropped its guts. Couldn't restart. Couldn't use a restore point (a file was missing or messed up), so I inserted a SSD and reinstalled Win 10. Since then irrespective of the browser I have a...
  9. Dolby Atmos Initialization Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos Initialization Delay: Let me be clear, I'm not talking about an audio delay where the audio is out of sync with the video. Everything works perfectly, except that there is a 2-3 second delay before sound will become audible after a period of silence. When using Atmos, it looks like the computer is...
  10. Black screen on initial boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on initial boot: Acer laptop running 10 Home fully updated. Turn the power on and the computer boots very quickly to a very dark black screen. I can just make out the desktop but not clearly enough to do anything. Power off then on again and it boots correctly but very slowly. Any ideas...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boot delay loading screen