Windows 10: Delay in selecting new after right clicking

Discus and support Delay in selecting new after right clicking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi y'all. I'm having an issue with my windows explorer. So when you wanna create a new folder or a shortcut you have to right click and hover over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cyrusツ, May 30, 2019.

1. Cyrusツ Win User

Delay in selecting new after right clicking

Hi y'all.

I'm having an issue with my windows explorer. So when you wanna create a new folder or a shortcut you have to right click and hover over the "new" option with your mouse cursor for another overlay to appear and there you have the options to create a new folder or a shortcut and etc, right? The problem is when I hover over the "new" option it takes like 2 or 3 seconds for the overlay to appear and it's actually really annoying.

I know it's really not an important problem and it probably just a waste of your time to solve it but I was wondering if I could fix it.

Thanks in advanceツ

:)

Cyrusツ, May 30, 2019

2. Right Click> Properties works with a 15-30 minute delay

Hi,

Apologize for the late reply.

I would suggest you to run " System maintenance troubleshooter" to improve performance of the computer.

Try the followings steps to run System maintenance troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “System and security”

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, May 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Issues with Right and Left Mouse Click

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the delay.

Follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue is resolved:

Step 1:

I would like to suggest that you log into Safe Mode with networking and check if the issue persist, if not try the steps below.

Step2:

I suggest that you update your drivers. Follow the steps below to perform an update.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand “Mice and other pointing devices”.
    • Find and double-click graphic adapter
      from the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.
    Step 3: Download drivers for 8.1 and install in compatibility mode. Follow the steps below to do so:

• Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, May 30, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. Delay in selecting new after right clicking - Similar Threads - Delay selecting right

2. Right click delay since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click delay since last update: Hello everyone, Since last update on all of my laptops3 I have a delay when I "right click" on mozilla or chrome from taskbar. So let me explain you exactly what happens. If I want to open a new window on Chrome or Mozilla, when I right click it opens the the browser menu...
  3. File Explorer Right Click Delay

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Right Click Delay: Windows 10 64bit Pro; Windows File Explorer This problem occurs with Pictures Screenshot *.png files and maybe others. After screenshot is taken, right click the *.png file. The blue circle busy icon appears for about 30 seconds before the context menu appears. Afterward...
  4. A 20 second delay to select 'New'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A 20 second delay to select 'New': On my desktop using Windows 10 Education v.1809 After I right-click to ' open context menu', then move my pointer to 'New', there is a 20 second delay to wait until 'Folder' shows in the sub context menu. This is very abnormal and I need help to fix it....
  5. Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging

Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging: Best way to describe it is whenever you right click to go to new drop down it delays/takes awhile to load, i thought this was my machine but i confirmed it with my coworker too so it must be a windows update here is a gif of what i'm...
  6. Right click on "new"

Right click on "new": when I right-click on my Windows 10 desktop and get a list of options, they all work except "New" which "hangs" then crashes. I can' find a solution for this. I've been through the registry suggestions, and re-installed the O/S (Windows 10 64 bit), but to no avail. Can...
  7. Right click selecting "NEW" taking time to load

Right click selecting "NEW" taking time to load: Hello when I right click on desktop and click on" NEW " pc freezes for 10 to 30 sec I am using Hp notebook 15q- by000 Specification WINDOWS 10 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR AMD RADEON R5 A9 WITH 2GB 520 GRAPHICS 8BG RAM I tried everything like editing the shells...
  8. Right-Click delay in video games on Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-Click delay in video games on Steam: Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I feel like this is a good place to start. Just recently some of the games I've been playing have been having this problem with my right click. It's not on the track pad, it's on a wireless mouse I have which I...
  9. Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it: I've recently been experiencing a problem with the right-click menu. After I select an option (i.e paste, delete etc.), it remains on the screen in a transparent mode. From there, I am unable to select it or anything for that matter. The only solution I've found to remove it...
  10. Delay in Right Click

Delay in Right Click: Hi all, I am facing a problem in Right Click in mouse. Whenever I make a right click on blank space in Desktop or in File browser in order to "Refresh" or to create "New Folder" or any other purpose, it takes quite a bit of time (3 seconds) for the menu to pop-up. I don't...