Windows 10: Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10

Discus and support Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Caps Lock is on, When I press the Caps Lock button on the keyboard to turn off it, I have a delay (more than one minute) in shutdown Caps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PI_Daniel, Aug 15, 2019.

1. PI_Daniel Win User

Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10

Hello,

Caps Lock is on, When I press the Caps Lock button on the keyboard to turn off it, I have a delay (more than one minute) in shutdown Caps Lock. ( Caps Lock turn off a one-minute later)

Is this a hardware or software problem?

Thanks

:)

PI_Daniel, Aug 15, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Caps Lock delays typing

Hi, try watching your task manager when you press the key. If you're lucky, given the time for which that's present, you may be able to spot the process.

Otherwise, you can use the attached small exe (in a zip)- run it, press caps lock, click on the graphic, and the related process will be shown in the window.

Example- I clicked on Firefox's window.

Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10 [​IMG]

dalchina, Aug 15, 2019
  3. wvbirdman Win User
    Caps Lock delays typing

I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters:

Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Often, when I turn CAPS LOCK on, the keyboard is disabled for the 3 seconds that the graphic is on-screen. I should wait before resuming typing; but I always forget and must backtrack and correct it. The problem does not happen every time I turn on CAPS LOCK, only if it has been several minutes since I last turned it on. However the graphic appears every time I press CAPS LOCK.

I think that some time in the past I may have downloaded one or more apps to assist with CAPS LOCK indication, found them unsuitable, and removed them; but I cannot remember any names. Nothing in Control Panel/Programs and Features seems likely to be involved.

Any help is appreciated, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks

wvbirdman, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10

1. Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Delay shutdown Caps

2. Delayed shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed shutdown: Hello! Recently, an issue with my Windows 11 installation has arised. When I click on the shutdown button nothing happens and my computer idles normally. After 3-5 minutes the shutdown gets initiated and the computer turns off. I replaced my motherboard and the issue stopped,...
  3. Delayed shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed shutdown: Hello! Recently, an issue with my Windows 11 installation has arised. When I click on the shutdown button nothing happens and my computer idles normally. After 3-5 minutes the shutdown gets initiated and the computer turns off. I replaced my motherboard and the issue stopped,...
  4. .Cap lock on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .Cap lock on: After update Cap button doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-on/d4d4cd06-71e0-4f34-b031-ef3c9053b168
  5. Caps lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps lock: Hi! My problem is that when i turn my caps lock on some letters are big some aren't , like this: HeLLO! I WaNT tO tALK AbOUT SoMeTHIng. i don't know why is like that and i don't know how to fix it....
  6. Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Caps Lock key on any computer is a really useful key when it comes to typing anything in block letters really easily. But sometimes while intending to use the Tab key or Shift key, the user tends to hit the Caps Lock key [...] This post Caps Lock key not...
  7. CAPS LOCK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAPS LOCK: CAPSLOCK STUCK ON EVEN WHEN KEY SAYS IT IS DISABLED WHEN IN WORD DOCUMENT Able to use normal small case otherwise so not my key board. Any ideas? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock/243a3c52-5759-4e85-ae6a-086683d94bec
  8. Caps Lock delays typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps Lock delays typing: I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters: [img] Often, when I turn CAPS LOCK on, the keyboard is disabled for the 3 seconds that the graphic is on-screen. I...
  9. Caps lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock: My new keyboard does not have an LED to indicate caps lock and nothing on the screen shows the status. How can I get a notification on the screen to show caps lock status? I don't have sound turned on because I don't want to disturb my disabled wife....
  10. Shutdown delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown delay: When I select "shut down" on my W10 desktop PC, the monitor darkens immediately, but the power light remains on and the disc activity flashes intermittently for 10 seconds to three minutes. What is the PC doing? Why doesn't this happen with my W10 Surface tablet? Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. caps lock button is delayaed