Windows 10: Delay in starting Windows

Discus and support Delay in starting Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I suddenly experienced a delay in the startup of Windows 10. It is consistent every time now. When I do a power up the system seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillJunk, Dec 6, 2018.

1. BillJunk Win User

Delay in starting Windows

A few weeks ago I suddenly experienced a delay in the startup of Windows 10. It is consistent every time now. When I do a power up the system seems to initially boot as before then the screen goes blank for about one minute before the log in screen appears. Previously the log in screen would appear in just a few seconds. I'm wondering what has changed and how to get the fast boot sequence back. Fast start up was something really nice about this computer and Windows 10 until recently. There have been a few system updates in the last two months but I can't determine if this problem began after one particular update.

:)

BillJunk, Dec 6, 2018
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Delay in starting Windows [​IMG]

zinou, Dec 6, 2018
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Delay in starting Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Delay in starting Windows

1. Delay in starting Windows - Similar Threads - Delay starting

2. Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service keeps defaulting to Automatic Delayed Start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service keeps defaulting to Automatic Delayed Start...: Running Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 22631.3155.I have moved house, and connected to new WiFi connection on a different router. My old setup was ethernet connection, on different router. Ever since, the title service keeps defaulting to Automatic Delayed Start in services.msc. I...
  3. Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service keeps defaulting to Automatic Delayed Start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service keeps defaulting to Automatic Delayed Start...: Running Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 22631.3155.I have moved house, and connected to new WiFi connection on a different router. My old setup was ethernet connection, on different router. Ever since, the title service keeps defaulting to Automatic Delayed Start in services.msc. I...
  4. Program starting after delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  5. Program starting after delay

Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  6. Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay: Hi last few days I believe after a Windows 10 update I get a slow boot with the blue windows logo there for a long time. Running SFC /scannow shows this message: 2023-08-06 07:44:14, Info CBS Session: 31049777_1784117915 initialized by client LanguageSettings, external...
  7. Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay

Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay: Hi last few days I believe after a Windows 10 update I get a slow boot with the blue windows logo there for a long time. Running SFC /scannow shows this message: 2023-08-06 07:44:14, Info CBS Session: 31049777_1784117915 initialized by client LanguageSettings, external...
  8. Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. how to set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded: I'm running windows 10. How do I set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-a-delay-to-a-program-to-start-after/4dd1eb82-caec-4d60-a162-cc26c7576d60
  10. how to set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded

how to set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded: I'm running windows 10. How do I set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-a-delay-to-a-program-to-start-after/4dd1eb82-caec-4d60-a162-cc26c7576d60