Windows 10: Delay in starting Windows

Discus and support Delay in starting Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I suddenly experienced a delay in the startup of Windows 10. It is consistent every time now. When I do a power up the system seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillJunk, Dec 6, 2018.

1. BillJunk Win User

Delay in starting Windows

A few weeks ago I suddenly experienced a delay in the startup of Windows 10. It is consistent every time now. When I do a power up the system seems to initially boot as before then the screen goes blank for about one minute before the log in screen appears. Previously the log in screen would appear in just a few seconds. I'm wondering what has changed and how to get the fast boot sequence back. Fast start up was something really nice about this computer and Windows 10 until recently. There have been a few system updates in the last two months but I can't determine if this problem began after one particular update.

:)

BillJunk, Dec 6, 2018
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Delay in starting Windows [​IMG]

zinou, Dec 6, 2018
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Delay in starting Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Delay in starting Windows

1. Delay in starting Windows - Similar Threads - Delay starting

2. Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a 1-2 minute delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a 1-2 minute delay: Hi everyone, Frequently, but not always, Windows 10 will not display the Start Menu, will not start applications, or new tabs in Chrome browser but all these actions are apparently queued and then after a delay of 1-2 minutes all these things then happen suddenly together....
  3. Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittently Windows applications & tasks start only after a ~1-2 minute delay: Hi everyone, Frequently, but not always, Windows 10 will not display the Start Menu, will not start applications, or new tabs in Chrome browser but all these actions are apparently queued and then after a delay of 1-2 minutes all these things then happen suddenly together....
  4. MSDTC Issue - COM+ Red Arrow, Delays in starting apps

in Windows 10 Support
    MSDTC Issue - COM+ Red Arrow, Delays in starting apps: My COM+ is not manageable because it cannot talk to MSDTC. [img] Error is as below. [img] There is nothing in the event logs. Many articles on this issue say the logon for the Distributed Transaction Coordinator is incorrect and to change it back to NT...
  5. Which windows/application services can safely run on Delayed Start?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which windows/application services can safely run on Delayed Start?: Hi all - As I use and load various applications on a Win10 Pro system, it gets a bit slow after login to settle down. I'm curious if some system services and those created by applications, i.e. Acronis, can be on Delayed Start. It's easy to go into services.msc and change...
  6. 3 Minute delay at boot before Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Support
    3 Minute delay at boot before Windows 10 starts: Have a Dell Inspiron 3847 running Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) and when I boot from Power On,, the Dell logo is displayed for 3 to 4 minutes before Windows starts (i.e. when the blue window logo displays). After that, Windows starts correctly. I'm tempted to say that it's a...
  7. 5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen: I'm not sure when this issue was introduced into the bowels of my PC because I normally put it in sleep mode when not in use. Prior to the first time I noticed it the PC would breeze through the startup process with no discernible delays. Now, when I cold start it, just...
  8. Windows 10 Start menu delay / freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Start menu delay / freeze: Hey guys , i noticed that after the last win10 update , my start menu have a big delay sometimes before it opens. i dont really know why. and sometimes its just freeze , and when i keep pressing on the windows icon (on the left side bottom) its just does nothing. i...
  9. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...
  10. Delayed Start menu opening with a second black screen and crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed Start menu opening with a second black screen and crash: Hello! I use Windows 10 for a while. A few days ago i noticed a phenomenon. When i try to open the Start Menu, it lags a bit, looks it will crash, but after 1-2 seconds it opens normally. I have found an error/information in the event log with ID 1001, source Windows Error...