Windows 10: delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray

Discus and support delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray but after it is opened it smoothly opens another time, I don't know what's the issue It's too frustrating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rahul Sundli, May 22, 2024.

1. delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray

delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray but after it is opened it smoothly opens another time, I don't know what's the issue It's too frustrating

:)

Rahul Sundli, May 22, 2024

2. I can't figure out how to open the disc tray on my toshiba laptop

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
    • Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
    • Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
    If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

• Open This PC.
    • Right click on DVD drive.
    • Click on Eject to open the drive.
    If this doesn't help, I suggest you to contact Toshiba support for further assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://support.toshiba.com/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 22, 2024
  3. vernvan Win User
    Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds

I have an annoying delay on the use of my computer since upgrading to Windows 10. The most obvious place is when using the file explorer. I get a 2 to 3 second delay on most operations. These would include: dragging a file into a folder, renaming a file, naming a new folder, etc. When I drag a file into a folder, it does not sort the new file, but the file stays at the bottom of the list. Pretty annoying. I see this same delay in quite a few operations.

I have an i7-2700K processor, 16GB ram, a 250 GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro along with a 2 TB storage drive with ample space on both. I did not have this delay in Windows 7 that I upgraded from.

vernvan, May 22, 2024
  4. XweAponX Win User

delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray

Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds

It's mostly due to default handlers that generate previews for things like images and avi's/mkv's/mp4's etc. Set to Detail View and set it to "all folders" and it might speed up a bit. Also, change the default player of video content from Movies and TV to VLC-Not the tile version, the regular desktop version, because that app can handle all content types easily - Movies and TV chokes on several codec types and that probably affects Explorer.

XweAponX, May 22, 2024
Thema:

delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray

1. delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray - Similar Threads - delay seconds opening

2. delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray: delay of 2-3 seconds in opening app tray but after it is opened it smoothly opens another time, I don't know what's the issue It's too frustrating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delay-of-2-3-seconds-in-opening-app-tray/d1162d0d-951c-4838-91fa-bb1a3c2d5ff1
  3. Xbox app opens for 2 seconds and closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app opens for 2 seconds and closes: My xbox app stopped working after the last update. I have tried everything i have found online except reinstalling windows. The app size only shows a whole 35-40kb depending on when i have uninstalled and reinstalled. I know it should be bigger than that. I have deleted the...
  4. Xbox app opens for 2 seconds and closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app opens for 2 seconds and closes: My xbox app stopped working after the last update. I have tried everything i have found online except reinstalling windows. The app size only shows a whole 35-40kb depending on when i have uninstalled and reinstalled. I know it should be bigger than that. I have deleted the...
  5. typing 2 of the same letter and 3 second delay in backspacing to remove letters.

in Windows 10 Customization
    typing 2 of the same letter and 3 second delay in backspacing to remove letters.: I stupidly added a function that does not allow me to type two of the same letters without a 3 second delay. It prevents typing more than one letter character at a time. it's driving me nuts, especially since my last name has double letters and I'm a fairly fast typer. I...
  6. Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds: Hello Everyone, My computer freezes for 2-3 seconds from time to time, then it goes on working normally. This is quite annoying. The computer is just a few days old! Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance. 161752
  7. bluetooth headphone sound starts after 2 to 3 seconds delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth headphone sound starts after 2 to 3 seconds delay: This problem happens whenever something tries to play a "new" sound for exemple when I watch a Youtube video the first 2 to 3 seconds of the video would always run with no sound, but when i rewind and rewatch them it works fine, another exemple with windows sound effects like...
  8. delay / lag every 2 seconds

delay / lag every 2 seconds: it's been almost a year since i got this laptop and its been happening ever since. whenever i use the mouse, touchpad or graphics tablet, it starts to lag for 2 seconds and it happens every 3-5 seconds. i've tried restarting the computer, cleaning out files, uninstalling and...
  9. 2 seconds sound delay. Power saving?

2 seconds sound delay. Power saving?: Hi guys, I have the following sound problem on my newly installed Windows 10. When I don't use audio on my PC, meaning not watching any videos or listening to music, let's say, reading an article - it seems that my sound card goes to sleep after a few minutes. Then, I try...
  10. Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds: I have an annoying delay on the use of my computer since upgrading to Windows 10. The most obvious place is when using the file explorer. I get a 2 to 3 second delay on most operations. These would include: dragging a file into a folder, renaming a file, naming a new folder,...