Windows 10: Delay on starting programs from tiles

Discus and support Delay on starting programs from tiles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Steam and Origin are big offenders here, but they're not alone. I click to launch, the start menu stays open and nothing happens. After about a ten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Azhrei, Oct 10, 2020.

1. /u/Azhrei Win User

Delay on starting programs from tiles

Steam and Origin are big offenders here, but they're not alone. I click to launch, the start menu stays open and nothing happens. After about a ten second delay, the start menu closes and the program launches. It happens with numerous custom tiles I've created, including Lightroom and Discord, but Steam and Origin are certainly the most egregious. Is there anything I can do to fix this delay? There's no need for it.

As an aside, this is my fifth attempt to post this thread. On my laptop trying to select a flair the window popped up at the bottom of my screen and I could not scroll down. I went to my desktop and the same thing happened. I thought some add-on may be screwing up Reddit so I disabled everything and tried again. Same result. I loaded up Edge which I usually never use, and the exact same thing happened. Finally resorted to posting on my phone where it finally worked. I have posted a screenshot from my laptop to show what is going on -

Link

Here you can see a few flairs - on my desktop on both browsers it was worse, you could barely see the tops of the first two.

submitted by /u/Azhrei
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Azhrei, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Oct 10, 2020
  3. CAT
    cat Win User
    How to delay starting programs at Windows startup?

I have the following in a batch file in C:\Users\cat\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup:

To start Steam with a 30 second delay, in place of just Steam.lnk that starts it right away.

This does not work, for Steam, or for other programs, with other time delays.

How do I delay startup applications with a script?

I'd rather not download another application to do this, like this question (which also suggests many broken links and non-FOSS programs) suggests.

4. Delay on starting programs from tiles

I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Delay on starting programs from tiles

1. Delay on starting programs from tiles - Similar Threads - Delay starting programs

2. Program starting after delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  3. Program starting after delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  4. delay start programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delay start programs: I need to know how to launch a program after 5 minutes of double clicking / opening it. eg: once i click open excel. i want it to open after 5 minutes.Thank you kind peoples...
  5. delay start programs

delay start programs: I need to know how to launch a program after 5 minutes of double clicking / opening it. eg: once i click open excel. i want it to open after 5 minutes.Thank you kind peoples...
  6. Opening programs starts after a delay?

in Cortana
    Opening programs starts after a delay?: This is a problem i've been facing more and more often recently, and it's been a pain that is getting more difficult to ignoreSo here is the basic of it:A few minutes after booting into windows, every program i opened will start to not respond before restarting after ~20...
  7. Unpin tiles from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  8. start tiles

start tiles: cant remove or unpin or delete folder in start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/efe6c51f-207c-496a-a6cf-1bd004f85749
  9. Can't unpin a tile from Start

Can't unpin a tile from Start: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro and can't unpin a tile from Start.. someone please??! 55130
  10. Unpin tile from "Start"

Unpin tile from "Start": Hello,Cannot unpin an old tile from Start.Click on it does not open any program, right click on it has two options:Unpin from start - does not work, or Resize - working. I can also relocate it, but it refuses to go.Made a search on the internet, tried some answers but its...