Windows 10: Delay on Synaptic Touchpad

Discus and support Delay on Synaptic Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't type and use the touchpad at the same time. I've look for a lot of tutorial and questions but any of them work. I don't have any "PalmKm" on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by José M Santos, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Delay on Synaptic Touchpad

I can't type and use the touchpad at the same time.

I've look for a lot of tutorial and questions but any of them work. I don't have any "PalmKm" on regedit nor "PalmChecker"

"AAPThreshold" and "PalmDetectConfig" are 0 and the sensitivity is set to "most sensitive"

Also created a ".reg" with the code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Synaptics \ SynTP \ Install]

"DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade" = dword: 00000000

The "Synaptics Pointing Device" is 19.5.10.141 17/05/2019

...and, of course, i've restart the pc

What can I do to have no delay?

:)

José M Santos, Dec 22, 2019

2. Synaptics TouchPad Delay [Windows 10]

On Windows 8 and 8.1 on my Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7260 the TouchPad will always work when the delay is set to "No Delay (always on)" mode.

But,

Since updating to Windows 10 the delay has returned, this time for good!

I've tried everything to my knowledge;

• reset touchpad settings from Synaptics settings.
    • change delay to each setting (seems to have no difference at all)
    • Edit Registry settings for the touchpad by setting all PalmCheck and TPType related settings to 0.
    • Resetting all settings I could find.
    • Restarting PC, several times..
    Please give me any advice you can! I'd love to play games again.

burntscarr, Dec 22, 2019
  3. touchpad delay!!!!!!

Hi Glenn,

Touchpad delay on your device might be due to the sensitivity setting that impacts scrolling and other finger gestures, and may exhibit a jumpy cursor. To resolve this issue, we recommend downloading and installing the latest touchpad driver from the
    manufacturer's website.

If the issue persist after downloading the latest driver, we suggest changing the synaptic device settings by following the steps below:

• Open Mouse Properties.
    • Select Device Settings tab and click on the Settings box.
    • Expand the Pointing menu and then expand the Sensitivity menu.
    • Select Touch Sensitivity and slide the sensitivity meter from
      2 to 1.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you find this helpful.

Justine Pel, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Delay on Synaptic Touchpad

Windows 10 - Windows Update - Rec this error: Synaptics driver update for Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad - Error 0x80070005

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptics Touchpad drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptics touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the TouchPad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Delay on Synaptic Touchpad

1. Delay on Synaptic Touchpad - Similar Threads - Delay Synaptic Touchpad

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  3. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  4. synaptics smbus driver delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics smbus driver delay: hey i used ccleaner driver update now my touchpad has a delay to it after click i tried everything none work anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synaptics-smbus-driver-delay/d1322f79-840d-4c8a-94cf-36e9d5718797
  5. Synaptics Touchpad UltraNav Delay

Synaptics Touchpad UltraNav Delay: Hi All, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P43s. I have a slight issue with the touchpad as its response is delayed when moving the cursor, and also when two finger scrolling. I can move my fingers on the touchpad by 3-4mm without the cursor or page moving. My wife also has a new...
  6. Synaptic Touchpad delay after typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptic Touchpad delay after typing: I can't type and use the touchpad at the same time. I've looked for a lot of tutorials and questions but any of them worked. I don't have any "PalmKm" on regedit nor "PalmChecker" "AAPThreshold" and "PalmDetectConfig" are 0 and the sensitivity is set to "most sensitive"...
  7. Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad

Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad: Hi! I accidentally uninstalled my synaptics touchpad and now my touchpad is delayed with the pointer ( if you know what is mean ). I can't seem to find the right solution to get it back. I tried searching the device manager but wouldn't work. Can anybody help me?...
  8. Disable Synaptics Touchpad

Disable Synaptics Touchpad: I have an HP Envy laptop running Windows 10. I use a mouse and hate the touchpad, but I cannot figure out how to disable it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-synaptics-touchpad/d0e33c97-4c3e-4799-befa-f0a907cfc930
  9. Synaptics TouchPad Problem

Synaptics TouchPad Problem: I know this is a known issue with Synaptic Touch Pads on Windows 10, and I am having the same problem as well, gestures not working. I have tried a lot of steps that fixed other devices, but didn't helped me one bit. I have an old Acer Aspire 2930 laptop. The software driver...
  10. Synaptics touchpad

Synaptics touchpad: I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using...